Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1144 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
You love me! You really love me!

Heh. This has been a hell week with work, work #2, plus I am a haunt actor so my weekend evenings are stuffed. Plus business travel, etc.

I'm still here, for better or for worse... ;)

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Does that mean you're busy scaring little and big kids? Good for you!

Sometimes, actually traditionally, people who live in the Great White North stop posting as they put their steeds to rest until Spring.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
You love me! You really love me!

Heh. This has been a hell week with work, work #2, plus I am a haunt actor so my weekend evenings are stuffed. Plus business travel, etc.

I'm still here, for better or for worse... ;)
No words needed, Exept YEAHHHHH YOUR OK

Screenshot_2019-10-18-21-32-37-88.jpg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Over last couple of months I have been watching documentaries on ancient civilizations. The Incas, Mayans, countries in the Mideast and Western Europa. It is amazing at how advanced some of these areas were thousands of years ago. It's astonishing the cities they built way beyond anything we do now. My life has been in the technological era. Electricity, automotive, air craft, space and computers. Thousands of years ago many of the cultures had written languages, mathematical skills, libraries and schools for the wealthy. Places that were once the most civilized and the most modern countries on earth are now the least developed. But the structures, buildings, etc. are still present thousands of years later. There are many documentaries on YouTube and are very interesting. I have started watch some on the Apache Indians and the Egyptians this morning.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Does that mean you're busy scaring little and big kids? Good for you!
People ask what I do, and I tell them 'I scare kids and their parents.' :D

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Over last couple of months I have been watching documentaries on ancient civilizations. The Incas, Mayans, countries in the Mideast and Western Europa. It is amazing at how advanced some of these areas were thousands of years ago. It's astonishing the cities they built way beyond anything we do now. My life has been in the technological era. Electricity, automotive, air craft, space and computers. Thousands of years ago many of the cultures had written languages, mathematical skills, libraries and schools for the wealthy. Places that were once the most civilized and the most modern countries on earth are now the least developed. But the structures, buildings, etc. are still present thousands of years later. There are many documentaries on YouTube and are very interesting. I have started watch some on the Apache Indians and the Egyptians this morning.
There is a lot that history books don't teach you...

Seems We are at Least the Third Advanced Civilization on Earth

The things people find in coalemines or splitting coal is unreal

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
You heard it here first. Okay, maybe not, but I believe one day when a source of energy like Plutonium can be safely stored and used as an energy source to power bikes, cars, trucks, even homes and businesses; things will change overnight. Could this be a step in that direction? A piece of Plutonium the size of a pea but housed in something the size of a shoe box or even a pack of cigarettes then when it's spent and the waste product needs to be disposed of; just send it along with a thousand others on a one way trip to the sun.

Scientists accidentally discover new, stable form of plutonium

Of course even if when it happens, like most things, only the rich will be able to afford such a thing but think of a power source that costs, say $100k, but is good for 100 years or more. That's a $1000 a year. You could literally move it from bike to car to home if need be or get one for each; that's where being very rich helps.

Imagine this happening in the next 10 years. How long do you think it would take to transform the way we think of cars? I don't buy into the autonomous cars you send for as needed like an Uber now except for use in the cities and large towns. Most people want to own their own car to hop in and go; whether that's to the grocery store or a trip to the mountains/beach/country. Imagine your bike or 4x4 being the source of nearly unlimited power on camping trips.

With an energy source like that the sky's the limit; or is it? What would prevent us from making flying cars capable of entering space to land on the moon or some distant space station? Hey! If you're gonna dream; dream big!

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
The old guy needs help with remembering.....
A while back, I loaned out my digital air/fuel ratio meter set up to someone and I lost track of who it was. If you are reading this and it's you, please contact me.
Thanks, Ric

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
The old guy needs help with remembering.....
A while back, I loaned out my digital air/fuel ratio meter set up to someone and I lost track of who it was. If you are reading this and it's you, please contact me.
Thanks, Ric
Hell, I walk from the Livingroom into the kitchen and can't remember what I went in there to get.:|

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Hell, I walk from the Livingroom into the kitchen and can't remember what I went in there to get.:|
I notice I get that way more if I eat processed foods like those made with refined flour or just bread products in general sometimes. It sucks 'cause I really like some of them like pizza.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Me too! The only room I can remember why I went into it is the bathroom. :eek

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Dr Andrew Moulden discovered the clear link between vaccines and a
wide variety of serious health conditions including autism, which he shows is caused by cranial mini-strokes, as evidenced by abnormal facial features clearly visible after vaccination.

The best source of info on the web about his research is the 11 part
video, one part of which is below.

https://vaccine-injury.info/moulden.cfm

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
It was 27 degrees outside when I got up at 5am. The H.O.G. Club here are leaving for the Big Bend National park area this morning at 8am. Wonder how many of the back out this morning or bring their scooter to the departure point on a trailer. The high temperature in the area they are riding to is 52 degrees today. Tomorrow and Sunday will be much warmer, but the trip today will be miserable. Their group can be pretty big sometimes. I now the woman that's the HOG rep for the dealer in this area and yesterday late afternoon she said the trip was still on. She's in her mid 50's and I met her in her late 30's. She's a good rider and has been riding for at least 20 years, works at the H.D. Dealer. I wish them a safe ride.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Yepper; winter is knocking on the door. Next week we will see below freezing temps. Just like clockwork; you can set your watch to Nov. bringing the early signs of winter then going back to warmer temps.

I've always found the changing of the seasons to be kind of odd. If it changes with the rotation of the earth then it seems like it should be like a switch; either on or off but not back and forth. At least it conditions us for the next season a bit slowly and/or teases us with warmer (read bike riding) weather as spring approaches.

For those reading this in northern areas; how is it where you are?

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
It will be in the upper 20's tomorrow morning and warm up into the mid 70's. That's good because I have friends coming over for a October Fest party. Smoked ham hocks, venison sausage, sweineschnitzel, sauerkraut, German potato salad and other stuff. I'm afraid we are going to have way more food than people. You never know for sure, but that's better than not enough food.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
No ****!?

Toyota's New Car Could Run on Cow Poo

Toyota has debuted a complete redesign of its Mirai concept vehicle, which would run on hydrogen fuel cells. Speaking at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show, the company's chief technology officer, Shigeki Terashi, wanted to make clear how revolutionary the car's technology could be, so he chose an unorthodox example of its abilities: The splashy Mirai could be powered for a year from hydrogen from a single cow's manure.

The world of energy is changing. Imagine having a load of cow **** delivered to your home for its hydrogen powered generator to supply all the power you'd need for a year. I bet beef would become a very popular or would it be the opposite because the cows would then become a fuel source but only while living.

Imagine having armed security guards at the local dairy farm. Not only for the cows but for their piles of manure. Maybe all livestock would have "added value".

·
12,983 Posts
road my antique riding lawnmower around the yard to mulch the leaves. Did a good job looked out window this morning and a semi truck must of doped off every leaf in the 5 state area

1081 - 1100 of 1144 Posts