Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1144 Posts

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
road my antique riding lawnmower around the yard to mulch the leaves. Did a good job looked out window this morning and a semi truck must of doped off every leaf in the 5 state area
Your mower is gonna get a lot of mulch miles this year. dance 1

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Man that sucks.....or blows...whichever is most appropriate. You probably need a bigger mower......won't change anything but it'd be bigger..... ;-)

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
road my antique riding lawnmower around the yard to mulch the leaves. Did a good job looked out window this morning and a semi truck must of doped off every leaf in the 5 state area
If you wait a few weeks maybe the wind will blow most of them into someone else's yard.

·
12,983 Posts
Ha Ha in a few weeks they'll be covered in snow the way the weather is going. I only do it for something to do

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Ha Ha in a few weeks they'll be covered in snow the way the weather is going. I only do it for something to do
I can't wait for it to snow. I'll be doing this....

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Winter is here now. Cold around freezing at night then takes a while to warm up. October is usually my favorite month. Not too hot or too cold. Sad to see it go because this month has been fantastic weather-wise.

I should say Pre-Winter is here. After mid Dec. it really gets cold and stays that way until March when the wind can make it not fun. We do get some good days sprinkled in to get some two-wheel riding fixes in. In my case a Pony Car fix too. The Mustang's suck in the snow just like any low slung car.

I spent the day working on the rear axle bearings/seals and drive shaft of the 01 4Runner. Damn thing will be like new one day but right now it's a fricken money pit. Some of it is previous owners fault.

Right now it has a new long block, radiator/hoses/timing belt/trans cooler/Interstate battery, drive shaft/u-joints, front rotors and pads. After this week it will have all new rear axle bearings, seals, and brake shoes. I'm hearing the ABS brake motor run more than it should which means that's probably going out soon. Sheesh. It will be a new/rebuilt drive/stop train minus the trans and diff. Should be good for at least 20 years when I'm done though.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Wednesday night, Thursday morning they are predicting temperatures in the upper teens. That's colder than we get normally this time of the year. We have been getting in the upper 20's on a few mornings already. It's that global warming I guess...…………….

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Winter is here now. Cold around freezing at night then takes a while to warm up. October is usually my favorite month. Not too hot or too cold. Sad to see it go because this month has been fantastic weather-wise.

I should say Pre-Winter is here. After mid Dec. it really gets cold and stays that way until March when the wind can make it not fun. We do get some good days sprinkled in to get some two-wheel riding fixes in. In my case a Pony Car fix too. The Mustang's suck in the snow just like any low slung car.

I spent the day working on the rear axle bearings/seals and drive shaft of the 01 4Runner. Damn thing will be like new one day but right now it's a fricken money pit. Some of it is previous owners fault.

Right now it has a new long block, radiator/hoses/timing belt/trans cooler/Interstate battery, drive shaft/u-joints, front rotors and pads. After this week it will have all new rear axle bearings, seals, and brake shoes. I'm hearing the ABS brake motor run more than it should which means that's probably going out soon. Sheesh. It will be a new/rebuilt drive/stop train minus the trans and diff. Should be good for at least 20 years when I'm done though.
I miss the cold sometimes

You are a busy man @BBob

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I want be riding today.

NOW until
1:00pm Wed

Winter Weather Advisory
Today

Chance
Drizzle/Freezing
Drizzle then
Slight Chance
Drizzle
High: 37 °F
Tonight

Mostly Clear
Low: 17 °F
Thursday

Sunny
High: 53 °F
Thursday
Night

Clear
Low: 28 °F

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I had planned on smoking a couple of racks of baby back ribs today, but. It was 44 degrees when I got up at 5am. By 9am it has dropped to 33 degrees with 45mph wind gust. So I think we will just eat left over pot roast tonight and save the ribs for a nicer day. I generally ride on Veterans Day but that's out the window also. But I will go out to the Cantina this afternoon and celebrate the day.🍻

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
I had planned on smoking a couple of racks of baby back ribs today, but. It was 44 degrees when I got up at 5am. By 9am it has dropped to 33 degrees with 45mph wind gust. So I think we will just eat left over pot roast tonight and save the ribs for a nicer day. I generally ride on Veterans Day but that's out the window also. But I will go out to the Cantina this afternoon and celebrate the day.🍻
For the longest time I thought baby back ribs came from baby pigs. I felt like an idiot when I found out where they really come from.

It's beautiful here but I need to do a good test drive in my 4runner. Trying to figure out a wheel shimmy and pulsing when I hit the brakes even though it has new rotors and pads up front and I just checked the runnout with a dial indicator. It's fine. ????? Rotated the tires front to back to rule out a tire issue.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
0-60 in 1.69 seconds!! Imagine taking a Hot Wheels toy car and your trusty wrist-brace slingshot and sending it flying 25'. That would be similar to what it would feel like to go from full stop to 60 mph in 1.69 seconds. Well; if you could make yourself small enough to fit in said Hot Wheels car.

There's no-doubt electric cars are going to beat the pants off combustion engine cars but they won't have the sound and soul the fossil fuel burners do.

I guess I know what I'm getting when I have a cool 3 or 4 million bucks to blow on a toy.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Is this 'Pain's' next trail bike? Definitely puts me in mind of the old 2-wheel drive Rokon's.

Rokon:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I'm Hungary, and would like to have a 6 oz. piece of prim rib roast, 6 oz. lobster tail, well seasoned boiled cabbage with tons of little shrimp in it, and steamed asparagus, crisp with bacon bits and a swiss cheese cream sauce on it. But the only way I could get that exact menu here is cook it myself and I could. But it would be late tonight before I got to eat and kind of expensive. So maybe I'll make tuna fish salad and have a sandwich. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Thanksgiving is a week away. I'll have several friends over and several are bringing part of the meal. Looks to be a fun day with to much food and I'm sure there will be a few other people drop by to visit and have a drink. There will also be a couple of guys that will stay to long, but they're going home to a empty house. So it's okay kinda, I understand I've been there.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
The new Tesla pickup truck is sure to elicit two different reactions. "Oh cool" or "Man that's butt ugly". I kinda like like it but I'm techno progressive in a lot of ways.

I don't understand how it could be a pickup truck if it doesn't have a working open bed though. Does the solar panel fold or slide out of the way when needed?

Okay; found the answer: The pickup features a six-passenger interior with a central front jump seat and a minimalist dashboard that has hidden vents and a 17-inch central display. A front trunk resides beneath a hatch while Tesla refers to the bed as a “vault” that secures its contents under a retractable cover. The tailgate has an extendable ramp that can be used to ride an ATV or other wheeled vehicles aboard.

Either way; I think this kind of thing will be something to watch. E-cars are in the news a lot lately even thought we are a long way from them going mainstream.

Another poster (elsewhere) brought up a good point after I said the electric grid would taxed to the max if everyone were charging their vehicles up at the same time. He mentioned the batteries in the cars would actually become part of the "smart" grid, most cars would be charging at night when AC use would be the lowest so the cars would charge at different rates depending on grid needs, and a few other things like not needing nearly as many charging stations as gas stations today because most cars are charged at home on a daily basis unless traveling. That made sense to me because my vehicles are used locally most the time.

I do believe we are still 20 years from phasing out a lot of gas stations and likely many more for emergency vehicles relying on pure electric but it sure seems like everyone is pushing for that outcome. Who knows, with a big leap in battery technology, this could happen sooner and at a price people can afford. A $600+ a month car payment with insurance and registration is simply not doable for at least half the population. If they can get it down to $200-$250 in today's money; the change over will happen faster. Of course the purists will still want to keep their hobby cars, trucks, and off road vehicles but one day they too will transition.

What about you? Do you think you will ever transition to e-bikes? I doubt I ever will but I'm over 60. Those under 50 probably will at some point. Then again I can remember back in the 80's when I said I would never want an EFI fuel system on my bikes. (Carbs forever man) Now I love it so even I evolved.

JMHO, YMMV, FWIW.

·
12,983 Posts
So sick of Christmas adds on tv.
Its 45 degrees today and haven't had any snow guess there is something to global warming

1101 - 1120 of 1144 Posts