Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
I use an electric smoker with fantastic results and my favorite thing is after dropping some wood chips in a couple of times during the first hour or two; it just set it and forget it until it's time to take the goodies out. It makes doing a couple of slow-cooking pork shoulders a breeze and because I like the flavor of the drippings; I use that for healthy grease/oil and flavor. A win win. Afterwards I just brush down the racks, drain and clean the catch pan, and throw away the ashes in the wood burning pan. Takes less than 5 minutes normally.
I've thought about going electric and have looked at several. They can be expensive too.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
I've thought about going electric and have looked at several. They can be expensive too.
Depends on size. Mine was around $300 ten years ago but I've seen them a little smaller for $100 at Ace Hardware.

This is what I have: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masterbuilt-Digital-Electric-Smoker-140S-40/540467018

There are lots of other choices though; like this one which is perfectly fine for most people.

Looks like the prices have gone up some just like most things but as always; sales can lower the price significantly.

Ace Hardware: https://www.acehardware.com/departments/outdoor-living/grills-and-smokers/electric-grills/8492613

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
After having two electric smokers - like this:

I finally decided to go the pellet smoker route. Set and forget, no going out to feed wood chips. Here's what I have now:

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
For the last 20 years I have use this design of wood fired smokers. This is the model I have now.
It is heavy and hard to move.
smoker 1.png

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Generally unpleased with new, this site appears to work quite well. I did not notice any slowness.
Yeah, I too am fine with the new format, just found it odd it was as slow as the other format when that was one of the reasons they switched. I bet there was a cost savings by switching to this one which is perfectly fine.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Yeah, I too am fine with the new format, just found it odd it was as slow as the other format when that was one of the reasons they switched. I bet there was a cost savings by switching to this one which is perfectly fine.
It's faster to me and I don't lose my post. I use to get kicked off the other format pretty often and have to log back on. This format I don't and it is somewhat easier to navigate. But it has taken time to learn it and I asked a few questions to figure things out. Much easier to post pictures.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Generally unpleased with new, this site appears to work quite well. I did not notice any slowness.
I kind of miss the side bar from the last site that showed all the most recent posts.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
I kind of miss the side bar from the last site that showed all the most recent posts.
You can go to the bottom of the forums page and they are there.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I too use a vpn and it's just as slow as the other iteration.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts