Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1161 - 1174 of 1174 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Guys 2019 is almost a wrap, the years a rolling by faster than I can think. Seams like I wake up one morning and it's a new year. Wake up the next and it's about over and I'm a year older. The world is changing faster than I can adjust to it. The days of large numbers of Victory Riders getting together for a long weekend and riding and partying have gone by, thanks to Polaris. So what does 2020 hold in store for us? In a couple of days this chapter will end a new chapter will start.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
It's New Years Eve, 2019 is going out and 2020 is coming in. 2020 can you be leave it, I remember the 50's and Ric remembers the 40's, WOW. That old song keeps going through my mind, in the year 2525 if man is still alive...…….. Well in 2020 man is still alive. I remember the great nuclear war threat late 50's early 60's. People were having bomb shelter put in there back yards. They built them across the street from the church I went to. You could see them welding them together on Sunday and Wednesday nights as we came out of church. I was young and it was a little scary for me and really it still is. There isn't many years out of life we haven't had Americans fighting some where in the world. For the last 100 years every generation of my family has fought in a war. So I'm going to pry for world peace bringing in the New Year. It would really be a great thing to see every nation just getting along for once in my life.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
The 40s....heck, I can remember the 30s! Here's to a good 2020 y'all.

·
Registered
250 Posts
To all on this Forum May this be a great New Year for all and many good Rides ahead!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The 40s....heck, I can remember the 30s! Here's to a good 2020 y'all.
Dang, Assuming a first memory at age 2 (big assumption), that would mean you wear born at the latest in 1938 which would make you at least 82 years old. Glad you are still here and have your knees in the breeze.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Make that 1936 and you'd be right.
1-1-2020 and I'm heading out for the first ride of the new decade.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
We got our first snow last night. Looks like maybe 1 and 1/2", not much. It's 20 degrees F right now and the highs today in the lower 50's with sunshine. So all the snow will melt away by this evening. So anyone passing through on a motorcycle van probably get out of here this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
My wife got me this weather station for Christmas. It's pretty net and records a lot of the data for the year. It can be monitored on your phone with a app. I'm not doing the app thing.

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
My wife got me this weather station for Christmas. It's pretty net and records a lot of the data for the year. It can be monitored on your phone with a app. I'm not doing the app thing.
Wow! That's very involved!

·
13,002 Posts
As most of you know I have shingles and cancer on top of that. Any how i go to doctor once a month and its a joke. The cancer take blood and says I'll call in a couple days and let you know what it is. So after a year I said why can't I give blood a week early and then when I see you you'll have results. Gee the light bulb came on and he looked at me and said thats a great idea. and I'm paying him.
If your over 55 go get a shingle shoot. If you don't you can get the worst soars that ich so bad they have to tie your hand down so you don't itch them and get more infected. In my case and could be your case to the left side of my face is num it hurts so bad with nerve pain you can't hear out of your left ear half your tong doesn't taste and you only breath out of one nostril.
Get Shingle shot PLEASE

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
As most of you know I have shingles and cancer on top of that. Any how i go to doctor once a month and its a joke. The cancer take blood and says I'll call in a couple days and let you know what it is. So after a year I said why can't I give blood a week early and then when I see you you'll have results. Gee the light bulb came on and he looked at me and said thats a great idea. and I'm paying him.
If your over 55 go get a shingle shoot. If you don't you can get the worst soars that ich so bad they have to tie your hand down so you don't itch them and get more infected. In my case and could be your case to the left side of my face is num it hurts so bad with nerve pain you can't hear out of your left ear half your tong doesn't taste and you only breath out of one nostril.
Get Shingle shot PLEASE
The doc might be trying to save you a trip but I've been doing it the way you said through the VA since I started going to them for checkups. Give blood and pee in a cup a week before the appointment. It's how they always do it unless it's an afterthought or more tests end up being needed.

Seems like the local places are always out of the Shingles shots when I ask about them but thanks for the reminder to ask again.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Mate @visionjohnny don't you just hate these endless hospital visits, it drags on and on and on, it's a never ending storry, I was just thinking about you 1 week ago and thought, how ..... the shingles were improving or not, can ride due to your face or not, etc etc... We talked about helmets before..

Now I only have to go to the C doctor every 6 months, and I dread that day... I need my yearly medical due to my work, and have a special menu to make sure all the blood parameters will be passed that day

Health is the most important thing, next to family,

I am still sitting on this side of the grass and grateful for it, my wife has been my saviour in these past years

Guys enjoy life to the fullest

@visionjohnny my heart goes out to you and strength from the other side of the world floating your way on the high winds across the ocean.... PS this picture is actually NOW on this morning moment, happy to be alive and well for now...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Looks like Newfoundland got hit pretty hard...

1161 - 1174 of 1174 Posts