Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1259 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Anyone else notice the Indian fork seal covers cost 1/4 the Victory version? Only slightly different design.
Probably only thing priced appropriately from Indian. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Damn.....send some of that warm spell here. We've had grey skies and rain for weeks with only an occasional break.
Yeah the winters can be depressing in the Northwest. The skies gray and drizzling rain for weeks. But there is good point about the country up there. The winters are mild and the summer don't get real hot. Now East of the Cascade mountains the weather is different.

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
If you love the green forests and snow-topped mountains; the Northwet is a great place but one has to be able to handle the extended overcast skies (gloomy) and plenty of rain to make everything so green.

I lived in Oahu, Hawaii for a couple of years and that place was like a post card. So beautiful, green, and mountainous but it also rained a lot. In some mountain areas every day. The beach areas saw much less rain and the water was so clean and clear to snorkel or dive in. The catch? You could drive around the entire island in 3 hours so you were landlocked by the ocean. Yes, you could go to different (larger) islands, but that was expensive. My point is every place has its pluses and minuses. I lived in a desert community for around 7 years that had a beautiful blue/green lake but the desert was mostly tan or brown and of course sparse in vegetation. For someone used to the Great Northwet; it would be a living hell. I even heard one person from there say he missed "his trees". I lived in Tacoma for a couple of years as a kid and loved it there then but I wouldn't do so well there now. I like the wide open spaces of the Southwest too much these days.

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Bbob.....It depends on what part of Oahu you are on. The Windward Side is wet, while the Leeward Side is dry and reminds me of eastern Oregon. This works much the same for all the islands. BTW, my favorite island is Moloka'i. Not one traffic light there and not developed for tourists. A very local scene. No franchise stores or eateries. Gawd, I love it!

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
Bbob.....It depends on what part of Oahu you are on. The Windward Side is wet, while the Leeward Side is dry and reminds me of eastern Oregon. This works much the same for all the islands. BTW, my favorite island is Moloka'i. Not one traffic light there and not developed for tourists. A very local scene. No franchise stores or eateries. Gawd, I love it!
I could spend a lot of time on an island like that if they had some decent roads for riding but I could also get into 4-wheeling too though. When I was young I was too restless to spend my life on a rock in the middle of a huge ocean. I could handle it better now if the locals accepted mainlanders. In a perfect world I'd spend Dec-April there.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Not much driving/riding on Moloka'i. It's only 26 miles by 10 miles and one road.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
YES!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hard to imagine living on an island long term that is smaller than a city.

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
Hard to imagine living on an island long term that is smaller than a city.
I got "rock fever" after 6 months on Oahu. Couldn't wait to leave and I was there for 2 years. I wouldn't last a month on Molokai being that small. Maybe the Big Island. I like wide open spaces where I can see 20-50 miles.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Best electric bike review ever

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
That was cute Andre. Time will tell if the e-dirt bikes take off. I guess price and long-term reliability and of course; resale value will determine all that. Replacement batteries on an EV car can be up to $6k for the new OEM kind.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
That was cute Andre. Time will tell if the e-dirt bikes take off. I guess price and long-term reliability and of course; resale value will determine all that. Replacement batteries on an EV car can be up to $6k for the new OEM kind.
I think that's a big issue, replacing of battery, expensive....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Your going to need a big generator to charge them with in the evening if your in the boonies. I can't see electric dirt bikes being very practical.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Ebikes are best suited for errand / commuting, so why are they all sport bikes with that humping a watermelon position?
I was fueling up the Spyder and the car in front of at the pumps was an all electric Nissan Leaf. Its owner came over to ogle the Spyder and I asked him what he thought of his Leaf. He said he had it for 9 years and liked it up until now, when it needs a $10,000 battery. Ouch! In case you are wondering why he was at a gas station, he was getting his tires aired up.

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
Your going to need a big generator to charge them with in the evening if your in the boonies. I can't see electric dirt bikes being very practical.
We may see solar panels getting more efficient while charging more efficient and cheaper battery banks which can then charge EV's along with far cheaper and more efficient car/bike batters. Time will tell.

My gut feeling is we are waiting on technology to catch up to this idea like has happened so many times in the past like when movie makers wanted to make certain kinds of sci-fi movies with computer generated imaging but the tech wasn't there until the early 2000's. Then it just kind of exploded with CGI and still is.

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
Ebikes are best suited for errand / commuting, so why are they all sport bikes with that humping a watermelon position?
I was fueling up the Spyder and the car in front of at the pumps was an all electric Nissan Leaf. Its owner came over to ogle the Spyder and I asked him what he thought of his Leaf. He said he had it for 9 years and liked it up until now, when it needs a $10,000 battery. Ouch! In case you are wondering why he was at a gas station, he was getting his tires aired up.
Ouch is right! Wow! $10k every 8-10 years. Gotta figure those e-motors will need replacing at some point too.

Like I said; we're waiting on the battery technology to catch up. When it does, and a better bank for that Leaf is only $2k brand new (not rebuilt) then things will change rapidly.

An interesting time to be alive for sure.

1181 - 1200 of 1259 Posts