Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1318 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
An article about the Spanish Flu back in 1918. Is history repeating itself? Up to 50 million out of 1.9 billion people on the planet died from that flu. I don't want to blow this out of proportion but when the Dow drops 1700 points in two days; it gets attention. At the very least we are going to see a world wide disruption in the flow of goods. Some items may become hard to get. Might not be a bad idea to stock up on some things in case we go into a kind of lock down mode. I hope not but better to have toilet paper than to use your hand.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
This morning at first daylight. I looked out front and someone had ran over my mail box again. This happens every couple of years, generally it is hit by a plow when the tractors are moving to a new field. It was a vehicle this time. They didn't stop but left parts. Then I later heard a loud crushing metal sound. A pickup lost control on the slick roads and flipped on its side and ended up in front of my house. It took out a good deal of fence and broke my weather station and driveway entrance alarm. Roads where a little icy this morning. I helped him get out of his truck, he was okay. Screwed up way to start a Saturday.
I posted this about 12 days ago. I have tried to get some one to come out and give me a estimate on repairs. After talking to 4 companies I had one estimator come out, just to tell me he didn't do ranch style fencing. The other 3 said they would but never did even after calling them back. So I removed all the damaged fencing to the back of the barn. Picked up all the wreaked truck debris and started working on it myself. I have a lot of fence post here from other projects. I have replaced 6 of the seven post and have the other one. I may have to replace a couple of more, but I think I have got them straight enough to use them. It kills me to pound them into the ground these days. I have to get 2 new 11 gage wire stock panels 16 ft. long. I saved about 10 ft. of one by cutting off the bent up part and have a short piece of panel I can replace it with. I'll have to rent a small construction site dumpster to get rid of all the debris. I'll have the fence repaired by Friday evening. I only work on it a couple hours a day and I'm taking today off. I really thought I could get someone to do this. I guess everyone has plenty of work to screw with a small job like this. But anyway buy Friday evening I'll be able to lock the gate again. I still have to order the weather station and entry alarm that got taken out with the fence. The guys insurance company gave me 254.00 dollars to replace them with, plus 1,834 dollars to replace and remove the old fence. It will take me a couple of weeks for my back, neck and shoulders to recoup after doing all of this. I have got to get the insurance check in the bank I received it Monday. At least they worked pretty fast.

·
13,090 Posts
Its something how everyone wants your money but they don't want to work for it

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
UPDATE 2/28/20 12pm Central: We now consider this to be an aerosol (airborne) virus, meaning that it can travel extended distances in the air and linger in the air over time, in enclosed spaces, and infect people who breath the air, just like measles, smallpox, and tuberculosis. This makes it extremely contagious. See below analysis.
The Coronavirus (Covid19) has become a political football in the United States. Predictably, Democrats are using it to attack President Trump (they will do so no matter what he does). But that doesn’t mean it’s not a dangerous virus.
We consider Coronavirus a serious potential threat to your health and to the health of loved-ones because of how contagious it is, because it can be transmitted while the carrier is asymptomatic, and because of the way it attacks the lungs, which is more severe than the flu. It’s especially deadly for the elderly and for those with preexisting conditions, such as respiratory problems or cardiovascular disease, for whom the death-rate climbs in excess of 8% and as high as 15% (see below analysis). We also consider the virus a serious threat to our nation because its spread in the U.S. will likely cause serious disruptions in travel, work, school, the delivery of food, medical supplies, medical services, fuel, etc., and will cause a resultant downturn in the economy.
Please note that Saudi Arabia shut down the pilgrimage to Mecca, preventing millions of Muslims from taking planned pilgrimages (we cannot recall this ever happening before), and also banned all travel to the Kingdom by anyone with a tourist visa from one of the infected nations, such as Italy or South Korea.
Here in the U.S., it is long past time to do as Saudi Arabia has done. Breitbart has reported that a Los Angeles based flight attendant, who worked flights from South Korea to the U.S., has just been diagnosed with Coronavirus. President Trump needs to stop air traffic to the U.S. from all nations where pandemics are underway, such as South Korea, Italy, or Japan – not just from China. Frankly, because the virus has now spread extensively in the rest of the world, he should stop all foreign entry into the U.S., and returning U.S. citizens should be quarantined. He should also deploy our military onto our southern border in sufficient force to lock it down to prevent all illegal entry. Better safe than sorry! Let’s take “America first” seriously and act accordingly.
Japan and Vietnam have closed down all schools and no children are going to school in either nation. Nations do not shut down all schools over the flu or colds. A school in Washington State has now been closed. We urge you to set aside politics, take a hard look at facts, and encourage President Trump to do what is necessary. Whatever impact further restrictions on international air traffic to the U.S. may have on our economy will be child’s play compared to the cascading economic effects of millions of Americans halting travel within the U.S., pulling kids from school, and missing work from fear of becoming ill, or from being ill.
Below are write-ups by two of Oath Keepers’ veteran medical professionals explaining why you should take this seriously, citing information from trusted, neutral medical experts. Following those write-ups are some recommendations for individual preparedness in case you need to shelter in place for extended periods, and a final write up by one of our Utah chapter leaders.
Analysis #1
Corona virus or Covid19 by Scott Dunn, retired trauma nurse, Ranger School graduate, and LEO veteran

While this is being written, the numbers related to this virus will have changed. This is an update on the signs and symptoms of the virus, as well as the effects it has on the infected patients. So far, we have 84,077 officially confirmed cases, 2,876 deaths with 36,873 recovered.
This is according to Johns Hopkins CSSE. (keeping in mind that we should NOT trust the numbers reported by the Chinese communist government).
The reported recovery levels have increased. However, the virus is spreading globally even after patients have gone through the 14 day quarantine. This would suggest that the quarantine should be perhaps 28 days as expressed by several scientists. This virus is highly contagious, and is contagious before the infected person is symptomatic. This means it can be spread by a person for weeks, and possibly for a full 28 days, before they even know they are sick. See below for a more detailed discussion of how the virus is spread.

The Effect of the Virus on Human Beings
Most articles talk about the spread of the virus, but don’t talk about what it does to people. What happens to a person when they are infected?
COVID19 appears to be particularly virulent, meaning that it can cause a lot of disease to the infected, and is hard to beat. Keep in mind that this is a virus, not a bacteria, and what limited treatments there are, in the form of antiviral medications, don’t have much of an effect on COVID19.
The only treatment available is temperature control and fluid support as well as oxygen therapy to take stress off the lungs. In severe cases these treatments would be called for as well as antibiotic therapy to help with any secondary bacterial infections that may take advantage of a stressed immune system and take hold as well.
Some of those infected will progress to a critical state, where the virus has progressed into Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) which is actually worse than pneumonia, since ARDS inflames the entire lungs, very quickly (Coronavirus can also cause pneumonia as well, and both kidney and heart failure due to the stress on the entire cardio-vascular system). ARDS causes the lungs to fill up with fluid blocking the aviolae in the lungs and decreasing the lungs capacity to take in oxygen. Imagine trying to breath jello through a straw, and you’ll have a good idea of what a person with advanced ARDS or pneumonia is feeling.
This video explains how Coronavirus kills:

It should come as no surprise that a respiratory viral infection like this will have a high mortality rate among the elderly (those 50 and above) and those with underlying medical conditions. As the BBC has reported:
THE OLDEST ARE MOST LIKELY TO DIE
There is a marked pattern in the reported death rates from the disease.
Less than 0.5% of patients aged under 50 have died, according to the Chinese Centres of Disease Control.
However, that figure spikes rapidly to:

• 1.3% in their 50s
  • 3.6% in their 60s
  • 8% in their 70s
  • 15% over 80
These are not the true death rates, as some patients still being treated may yet die and many mild cases are going unnoticed.
AND THOSE WHO WERE ALREADY SICK
The death rate for people with no other health problems is 0.9%.
However, this rises to:

• 6% in people with high blood pressure
  • 6% in people with long-term lung problems such as those caused by a lifetime of smoking
  • 7% in people with diabetes
  • 11% in people with cardiovascular disease”
This means that if you have either elderly or ill people in your family, you must be more vigilant and careful in protecting them from exposure.
However, note the demise of young doctors in China, such as the 30 year old physician who first discovered Coronavirus, who died within two weeks of his diagnosis. The disease also kills the young and fit.
Iran had reported 26 deaths as of February 26, 2020, but now, as of February 28, 2020, is reporting 210 deaths.
If we don’t prevent a pandemic inside the U.S., our medical infrastructure will be overrun and the fatality rate is going to go up because victims suffering from ARDS or pneumonia must be hospitalized and treated with sophisticated oxygen therapy to keep them alive until the virus subsides. We have very advanced medical care, but only so many beds in the ICU of each hospital, and only so many doctors and nurses.
How the Virus is Spread (keeping in mind that it can be spread before a person exhibits symptoms)
This virus is transferable through three mechanisms (not two, as the CDC keeps contending):
1. Direct transmission – direct contact with droplets in the air
The first mechanism of transmission is through droplets, meaning that if an infected person sneezes of coughs those infected droplets can carry up to six feet in the air. If you are within that range, you can breath it in through your nose or mouth, and it can also enter through your eyes. Viruses thrive in mucus membranes. This means you need to be at least six feet away from a possibly infected person, and you should have both a mask and eye protection on, and all persons showing flu-like symptoms should wear masks to protect others in case they are infected with the virus.
The big issue with this virus is that regular N95 masks do not appear to be effective. The virus is small enough to penetrate that mask. An N100 mask however is effective, especially when paired with proper eye protection (chemical rated goggles would be best – the goal is to stop droplets from getting into your eyes, so any eye protection is better than nothing. Wear the eye protection that has the best wrap around coverage you can find). If all you have are N95 masks, and you must be around possibly infected people, then wear two of them, one on top of the other to increase the likelihood of blocking entry of the virus.
2. On surfaces
The second known mechanism of transfer is through contact with infected droplets on surfaces, where the virus can live UP TO NINE DAYS. In fact, some viruses in the same class of virus can live up to 28 days in normal room temperatures, but so far, medical experts are stating that they don’t believe this virus can live past nine days on surfaces.
An example of surface transfer is someone coughs or sneezes into their hand, then touches a doorknob, and then you touch the doorknob and then you touch your eyes, mouth, or nose, or you touch your food as you eat.
Another example is items in a grocery store. A person sneezes or coughs directly onto an item on the shelf, or into their hand and then touches the item, but puts it back on the shelf, and then you touch it. And then at checkout, the clerk, who has handled every item that comes down the conveyor belt at the register all day, then touches all of your items, as well as the plastic bag he is putting your items in. That could do it.
The only way to really protect yourself if you must go out under those conditions is to clean your hands with 70% or above alcohol hand cleaner or with Dial anti-bacterial soap, immediately after touching any surface outside your home (do NOT touch your face until you have cleaned your hands!). If you must go grocery shopping, wear gloves or clean your hands once done shopping and before you touch your face, vehicle door handle or steering wheel, and then wipe off the surfaces of food containers with Clorox wipes (or mix up a solution of 1 part bleach, 10 parts water and put it in a spray bottle, to use on food packaging exteriors), and especially clean off the lids and container openings.
You must use stringent hygiene practices. Washing hands whenever touching a public surface, as well as carrying hand sanitizer as well as something like Clorox wipes to wipe down any publicly shared surfaces such as shopping cart handles or even table tops in restaurants.
Obviously, to really minimize your exposure, it would be best to do all your shopping now, and stock up, so you can avoid the risk of going to a store later, as the virus spreads. And cook at home instead of going to restaurants or fast food outlets. If it gets bad enough, you may have to shelter in place, at home, in self-imposed isolation. We recommend you stock up now on bulk food items so you can weather out a 90 day self-isolation period if needed. You really should have the ability to do that as sensible preparedness anyway. See the list of recommended food storage, medicine, and hygiene items below.
Those are the two known, widely accepted mechanisms of transfer. However, there is a possible third – airborne transfer.
3. Aerosol (Airborne) transfer
Aerosol (airborne) transfer means that the virus can float in the air over time in enclosed spaces and infect whomever it comes into contact with. You could become infected by breathing in contaminated air or by it entering your eyes, just like measles, smallpox, or tuberculosis, which are far more contagious than a flu. For example, it could linger in the air and move from room to room inside a school, office building, church, hotel, store, apartment building, airport, etc., as well as from room to room inside a home, infecting anyone in that space.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Here's something to also keep in mind that people don't seem to know. Every year we get a flu season that kills thousands. It's not sensational enough to get the media vampires on the case however the figures are still out there. Do an internet search for how many are killed in your own country/province/state. You may be surprised.

One of the problems with some diseases like the Coronavirus is how long they live outside the host. While most of the bugs don't survive long in the environment some of these can live up to nine days.

PS. Fact. One of the more significant means of germs spreading from person to person is through the use of paper money. If you send me what you have I'll look after it as a public service and make sure it doesn't hurt anyone.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Dang man that's so dam thoughtful...what was the the ermail address for the money transfer?

R

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Not my writings, but interesting to read both sides of the page

Further tightening of state control

The events of 9/11 saw the Patriot Act introduced, an oppressive law
which herds the world's billions of innocent air passengers like sheep
through Michael Chertov's airport security screening procedures. (An
expensive exercise that never finds a terrorist).

Are virus scares the next step in tightening control of the world population?

Jon Rappaport wrote this week "If you’re going to launch a phony
epidemic, China is the ideal location. The government will lock down
that country quicker than a missile fired from a drone. And then
nobody will be able to figure out what’s going on. Which is exactly
what you want."

Corona Virus Media Hype:
Meanwhile, the ever skeptical media savvy Mike King sees our Deep
State NWO masters using crisis fakery to frighten us sheep:

As events in the Wuhan virus saga continue to unfold, the emerging
underlying storyline starts to look more and more like a Hollywood
script (as did the 9/11 storyline).

BUT .. How likely is it, that China's CCP elite is in cooperation with
our very own Western NWO elite? to launch an engineered virus
epidemic?

James Corbett has been saying for years that China's CCP elite is in
bed with our own NWO key players. Here is a classic Corbett podcast
from 2014:
Episode 297 – China and the New World Order

Years before Corbett's well researched podcast #159, the educational
dissident John Taylor Gatto was writing about the West's NWO using
China to test techniques of controlling the behaviour of populations,
a century ago. Gatto writes of a Rockefeller sponsored forerunner to
China's much maligned Social Credit program, called Dangan:
" a continuous lifelong personnel file exposing every student’s
intimate life history from birth through school and onwards. The
Dangan constituted the ultimate overthrow of privacy."

Trump and our media wants us to believe that China is some kind of
recently emerging enemy. This is not true. The books of Prof Antony
Sutton show how, time and again, our own financier elite spends decade
building up countries before declaring them to be enemies. (And
hopefully using this newly minted enemy to start a big war that kills
millions).

Chinese Government Foreknowledge? Drill for Coronavirus 30 Days Before
Wuhan Military Games By Makia Freeman
- New evidence has emerged that not only were Western Governments,
Agencies and Key Players simulating a coronavirus outbreak before it
happened – so too was the Chinese Government in a drill on September
18th 2019, 30 days before the Wuhan Military Games.
THE IMPLICATIONS:
Is this evidence of Chinese Government foreknowledge? What are the
chances it would have run a drill for the exact type of pathogen that
later became an epidemic? Is the Chinese Government in on this?

Does anyone at CWG have a clue to what extent China is aware of the
age old Wall Street trick of helping build up one country after
another to become the next "Best Ennemy Money Can Buy"?

Corbett presents some well researched arguments that China's CCP is in
on the game. But why would they? China must surely be aware that all
Wall Street wants, is to turn the country into yet another Hitler,
Gadaffi, Hirohito, Saddam or Napoleon?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I ordered a 12,000 BTU window A/C Saturday to replace a 8,000 BTU window air conditioner in the Cantina loft. I also have a 8,000 BTU A/C through the wall unit on the South wall. In the fall and winter I replaced the six windows on the North and South side of the closed in porch with a small single window on each side. closed the sides in and insulated where the old windows were. and covered the inside walls with plywood. Added insulation to the ceiling also on the porch and weather striped the double storm doors much better. It is much easier to heat the place up now and with the larger A/C in the loft I hope to keep the Cantina much cooler on the 100 plus degree days this summer. When I replace the loft A/C I will remove the window and close it in and insulate the area and seal around the A/C real well. You can go to my profile and click on albums to see pictures of the Cantina.

I have parties once a month in the summer with 10 to 20 people and on the north side of the Cantina I have a covered patio where we all set a lot of times. People are going in and out all the time and that made it hard to keep the Cantina below 80 degrees much of the time. So with the added insulation and a little more cooling capacity I hope to keep the inside down to at least 75 degrees on real hot days

·
Registered
657 Posts
Isn't that an Interesting Question....or has that just not been revealed who is getting only those that have died...?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Kids do gets Coronavirus. This virus and last big one are referred to as SARS. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. From what I've read the researchers are rather perplexed because the viruses actually hit healthy kids at a higher percentage than the regular influenza bugs. Some nasty schit out there right now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Kids do gets Coronavirus. This virus and last big one are referred to as SARS. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. From what I've read the researchers are rather perplexed because the viruses actually hit healthy kids at a higher percentage than the regular influenza bugs. Some nasty schit out there right now.
where do you see reports of kids being hit with it? I've been following this closely and the only thing i've seen is the one's that are dying being identified.....course here in Canuckville our illustrious leader has decided a committee is needed......boy mr T you are so awesome....NOT.....LOL

I agree some weird schit happening out there.....8)

Take care....

Rob

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'll try and get the information again and post a link. It referred to the type of disease these things are. The article indicated these SARS types since 2003 have hit kids more than previous influenza diseases due to how easily it is transmitted. Not more than anyone else, just more than typical for that age group. Nobody is immune but getting the disease certainly doesn't mean dying.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
I'll try and get the information again and post a link. It referred to the type of disease these things are. The article indicated these SARS types since 2003 have hit kids more than previous influenza diseases due to how easily it is transmitted. Not more than anyone else, just more than typical for that age group. Nobody is immune but getting the disease certainly doesn't mean dying.
I received this via email from a friend. I haven't verified the info so take it as you will.

1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold

2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.

3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.

4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.

5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.

6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.

7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.

8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.

9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.

10. Can't emphasize enough - drink plenty of water!

THE SYMPTOMS

1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days

2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.

3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.

4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Can you imagine the impact of something like this used in germ warfare? Designer diseases with antidotes. Disbursement in the transit system of major population centers would have some crippling results. Just like on TV.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Can you imagine the impact of something like this used in germ warfare? Designer diseases with antidotes. Disbursement in the transit system of major population centers would have some crippling results. Just like on TV.
There have been movies made with that exact scenario where the carrier releases the disease from a spray bottle or something in airports with the disease not showing symptoms in the people for 24/48 hours. Just enough time to infect hundreds which infect thousands which infect millions then billions around the planet.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
An interesting look at where Harley has been and where it's going. I'm sure, to a much lesser degree, Polaris Indian (and Victory) followed similar trends.

One good thing about used Harley's and Victory's losing so much value is young people might decide to buy them which may get them into the sport (and lifestyle for some) which means new generations of people riding and buying new bikes in the future when they are able to afford them. All speculative but it could happen IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
That's nothing that I haven't discussed with riders over the years. We no that any motorcycle function you go to. It is mostly a bunch of gray beards riding around. You know many of those girls flashing their stuff should have stopped doing it years ago, LOL

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
That's nothing that I haven't discussed with riders over the years. We no that any motorcycle function you go to. It is mostly a bunch of gray beards riding around. You know many of those girls flashing their stuff should have stopped doing it years ago, LOL
Ain't it the truth!

1261 - 1280 of 1318 Posts