Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1301 - 1316 of 1316 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I order a lot of stuff off the internet. I'll check around town sometimes if I want it right now. But many times I can't find it in stock. Plus I almost always get a better deal on the internet and almost always free shipping. If it's through Amazon it's always free shipping and fast delivery. If I order it though Wal-Mart if it's not free shipping to the house I can have it delivered to the nearest store, 5 minutes away. I make some of my best deals through Wal-Mart on line. We use to do this years ago with a catalog and the mail system or a phone. Many stores offered catalog ordering stores in rural towns. You would show them what you wanted in the catalog and they did all the paperwork and would call you when it came in, if you had a phone. How things have changed, we live in a Jetson's world now.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Hey @RICZ ....here is some home delivery for you!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
Ya think they will tell a few pole-ish jokes?

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I installed a 12'000 BTU window air conditioner in the Cantina loft yesterday. A younger friend came by and put in the loft a few weeks ago. He had a really cool step later that was like stairs with a hand rail. The A/C only weighs 67 pounds and he had no problem picking it up and setting it in the loft Anyway I removed the other A/C from the opening and cleared a space for it in the loft. Then installed the new one, up and down a ladder in and out side the Cantina. Then I had to seal up the outside working off a ladder. Then insulate the inside and seal it up working on my knees and up and down a ladder. My calves are so sore I walk like a stroke victim. The A/C has a remote control so I can operate it from below. It got up to 94 yesterday so I tried out the new unit. I set it at 68 degrees and turned it on, it as 74 in the Cantina. It took a few hours put the unit got the room down to 68 degrees and maintained it until I turned it off. I also have a 8'000 BTU at the end of the bar for those days it gets really hot plus it I have 12 or 14 people in it. So I went from 16,000 BTU's of cooling to 20,000 and have increased insulation and fixed air leaks over the winter. I also went from 6 windows on the enclosed porch to two smaller ones. So I should be able to keep the place much cooler this summer. It was much easier to heat this winter.

Now I have to work on the smoke problem. There are three of us that smoke cigarettes and 2 that smoke cigars. I have a exhaust fan that makes a lot of noise and moves very little air. It helps some but not a lot. I have been looking at air purifiers to hang over the bar at a 6 and 1/2 ft. level above the floor. It needs to be quite and at a reasonable price of about 200 dollars or less. I have also considered putting 2 air purifiers up. They way I have been doing it is open a West door and the North door and blow it out. We generally have a West or S/W wind, but it also blows out the cool air. Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
264 Posts
See if you can by a scratch and dent range hood. They are usually 2-3 speeds and will move about 200 CFM.
Mount it as high as you can and it will be pulling out warm air along with the smoke. Lastly hook it to a switch at the bar so you can turn it on as needed.
This will also help cool the cantina a little faster by drawing out the hotter air up by the ceiling.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
I installed a 12'000 BTU window air conditioner in the Cantina loft yesterday. A younger friend came by and put in the loft a few weeks ago. He had a really cool step later that was like stairs with a hand rail. The A/C only weighs 67 pounds and he had no problem picking it up and setting it in the loft Anyway I removed the other A/C from the opening and cleared a space for it in the loft. Then installed the new one, up and down a ladder in and out side the Cantina. Then I had to seal up the outside working off a ladder. Then insulate the inside and seal it up working on my knees and up and down a ladder. My calves are so sore I walk like a stroke victim. The A/C has a remote control so I can operate it from below. It got up to 94 yesterday so I tried out the new unit. I set it at 68 degrees and turned it on, it as 74 in the Cantina. It took a few hours put the unit got the room down to 68 degrees and maintained it until I turned it off. I also have a 8'000 BTU at the end of the bar for those days it gets really hot plus it I have 12 or 14 people in it. So I went from 16,000 BTU's of cooling to 20,000 and have increased insulation and fixed air leaks over the winter. I also went from 6 windows on the enclosed porch to two smaller ones. So I should be able to keep the place much cooler this summer. It was much easier to heat this winter.

Now I have to work on the smoke problem. There are three of us that smoke cigarettes and 2 that smoke cigars. I have a exhaust fan that makes a lot of noise and moves very little air. It helps some but not a lot. I have been looking at air purifiers to hang over the bar at a 6 and 1/2 ft. level above the floor. It needs to be quite and at a reasonable price of about 200 dollars or less. I have also considered putting 2 air purifiers up. They way I have been doing it is open a West door and the North door and blow it out. We generally have a West or S/W wind, but it also blows out the cool air. Anyone have any recommendations?
Yes. Make it a no smoking room.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts

Gotta say; going off-roading yesterday with a group (my first time) convinced me I didn't make a mistake getting into this alternative sport. Saw some amazing rock formations, some good camaraderie, and even saw a herd of wild burros. They watched us intently from a distance. And yes; we did practice social distancing for the most part.

mini-2020-03-28-16h55m08.jpg mini-2020-03-28-15h07m33.jpg mini-2020-03-28-13h29m08.jpg mini-2020-03-28-11h37m19-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
That looks like a good time!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,003 Posts
BBob, fun way to spend the day!!!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
View attachment 251396
Gotta say; going off-roading yesterday with a group (my first time) convinced me I didn't make a mistake getting into this alternative sport. Saw some amazing rock formations, some good camaraderie, and even saw a herd of wild burros. They watched us intently from a distance. And yes; we did practice social distancing for the most part.
View attachment 251397
View attachment 251398
View attachment 251399 View attachment 251399 View attachment 251398 View attachment 251397 View attachment 251396
The picture of the stone buildings. I remember when there was a lot of them in the deserts of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Generally a gas station, small store and many had 5 or 6 rooms and they could make simple repairs on cars. Some would have a café or the would have a small meat marked and would make you up a baloney sandwich cut fresh off the slab. Most of them are in ruins now.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
The picture of the stone buildings. I remember when there was a lot of them in the deserts of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Generally a gas station, small store and many had 5 or 6 rooms and they could make simple repairs on cars. Some would have a café or the would have a small meat marked and would make you up a baloney sandwich cut fresh off the slab. Most of them are in ruins now.
You nailed it NAB. That's exactly what this was. Not sure about the rooms for rent but the rest is true. This was right on old Route 66 heading toward Oatman where the wild burros come into town to visit with the tourists and get fed some carrots (except for the baby burros). Now this is a tourist stop to take pictures. Been stopping there for ages like a lot of people.

My 11 XC parked in front of the old gas pumps not long after I got it.

My old 07 Night Train at the same spot.

Oatman; an old mining town (they still mine there) and tourist destination.

·
Super Moderator
5,003 Posts
BBob is the Hackberry with the gas pumps?

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
BBob is the Hackberry with the gas pumps?
It's similar and another neat place with a little store with lots of cool stuff. The pics I posted are of Cool Springs; just East of Oatman. Hackberry is on the other side of Kingman heading toward Seligman/Flagstaff.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Gas is real cheap right now. But no on is traveling because everything is closed and you could get sick.

1301 - 1316 of 1316 Posts