Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1377 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
They lowered the expected high temperature today from 100 to 97 F, about 38 t0 36 C. But still show it at 100 degrees tomorrow. In the high 90's to 100 for several days. I've been watering the yards and trees. I put fertilizer down a few days ago. No rain in sight and we sure do need it. I would hate to see the prairie fires start up.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
We are in a bit of a heat wave too but not as much as where you are NAB. Should level out in the upper 80's starting today.

I have a feeling this summer is going to be hotter than last year.

·
Premium Member
8,938 Posts
@Motorbikerx what wiring info for the tach do you need? The prints for my 2011 might be a starting place to figure it out.

View attachment 251568
Thanks mate, shows me what the bike has, here's a rough pic of both as I see it...Don't know what Can Hi and Can Lo are but.
Also I have a separate thread about the problem, I'll take it back to there.
IMG20200502004309.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
I'll have to remember that one. I usually use the old "that's nice".
In the deep south they say "bless your little heart" which of course is code for 'screw you'.

I figure if someone has to whine they also have to take the criticism for doing so. Two way street and all that...

·
Registered
968 Posts
This is a good explanation of the CAN communication lines.

From your drawagram that tach looks to be using a simple rpm pulse as an input. The CAN signal could be data but could also represent pulses as well.

Personally I wouldn't be hooking up foreign lines to the ECM (CAN) without some further assurances there'd be no damage to the ECM. Does the tach manufacturer have a tech support line? You may have to add or connect to inputs different than the Vic sources.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
I started watering the front at 0700 this morning. The wind will be 15 to 20 miles per hour with 30 mph gust this afternoon. I plan to ride awhile this afternoon even though it's going to be hot. They said 97 degrees for a high yesterday and it was 101 degrees, I expect the same today. I'll ride for awhile then head over to a motorcycle shop and shoot the **** and have a few beers. All my friends are starting to get out and about. We have had it with this stay a home crap. I am looking at having a summer cookout/party at the end of June, prime rib roast and the biggest shrimp I can find. I managed to cool the Cantina down to 66 degrees yesterday at a 101 degrees out side. Now with 10 people and food warming plates I want be able to do that. Time to get off of here and get a few things done before I go riding. Hope you all have a great Saturday.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Low 50s and raining here this morning. Rain continues and highs will be in low 60s until next Thursday when it turns dry and pops up to the high 70s. If only we could average my climate with NAB's.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
I had a decent ride yesterday it was hot and a little windy at times. I started water again at 7:30 this morning, about got the front done and will be moving to the back. It's all just a constant cycle in the summer if we don't get rain. The good thing about it. I don't have to mow anything but the yards not the other 4.5 acers.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Southern Utah was warm yesterday so I took a ride to Duck Creek village yesterday (9500 feet) and had lunch 65 degrees. beautiful ride until I returned home at 98 degrees.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
When it's dry, we do outdoor things, or I go for a ride. When it's raining, which it often is, we do indoor things. It was wet yesterday and I had to invent a reason to give the Spyder some love. I remembered the front left brake giving out a little squeak as I was just coming to a stop. So I pulled the wheel off, removed the four piston caliper and rotor, sanded the pads, beveled their edges, and cleaned the rotor. In the process, I learned the calipers are radially mounted - fancy that! Now for a dry day to road test my efforts.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
We have no rain in the forecast and a high of 99 degrees today. But the 7 day forecast looks good on projected temperatures. 99-78-84-95-73-72-75 degrees that is Monday through Sunday. So there will be some good riding days coming up this week. Plus cool days to get the mowing done and out side projects.

·
Registered
193 Posts
. I started water again at 7:30 this morning, about got the front done and will be moving to the back. It's all just a constant cycle in the summer if we don't get rain.
Hey NAB, what's your watersource? If well or artesian, what depth is the water table?

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Hey NAB, what's your watersource? If well or artesian, what depth is the water table?
It's a well 206 feet deep, 63 meters. The water table here starts at about 135 ft. deep.

·
13,172 Posts
Up here in Mn. highs in the 60's and 40's at night. Promises of rain miss's us and go's east.
High winds for us 25 to 35 mph gust. Went for ride 60 miles felt like 125 miles

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
The high temperature today is going to be around 67 degrees. We had a cold front blow in and the wind is 30 mph with 40 mph gust. Big change from the 90 to 100 degree days we have been having. That wind makes it darn cold outside right now at 55 degrees. The high temp's will be in the 70's until Tuesday and back in the 90's by the end of next week. Roller coaster weather this time of the year. They are giving us a 50% chance of thunderstorms Monday. If I wash my truck and then go for a long ride Monday it will ran for sure.

1341 - 1360 of 1377 Posts