Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1361 - 1377 of 1377 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
41 years ago on May the 15th I landed in Berlin, Germany. That was mothers day that year. Berlin was much different then than now. There was a wall around the American, British and French sectors. We were 110 miles inside Russian controlled East Germany. You would always see Russian soldiers around the city, especially in the Post Exchange. I liked that time much better than now.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
I got a half a inch of rain yesterday evening. That's not much, but better than nothing. A victory Cross Country road by this morning. I've seen 3 horn toads, 2 lizards and a bull snake the last couple of weeks on the place. I don't know anyone that has caught the coronavirus. I have plenty of meat and toilet paper. So life is good...……..

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
If you've ever done any fabricating or designing of anything mechanical; you will appreciate the talent, skill, and craftsmanship that went into building this mono-cycle. I'm thoroughly impressed. The camera work is also well done.

·
13,172 Posts
was up on the step ladder today. Wouldn't you know it I fell off and landed on my bad leg that I have arthritis in.
Limping pretty good now tomorrow I'm sure it's going to hurt like hell. When we get old why does are brain keep thing were young and do anything.

Thursday my leg hurts like hell

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
was up on the step ladder today. Wouldn't you know it I fell off and landed on my bad leg that I have arthritis in.
Limping pretty good now tomorrow I'm sure it's going to hurt like hell. When we get old why does are brain keep thing were young and do anything
I don't know but I do the same chit.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Limping pretty good now tomorrow I'm sure it's going to hurt like hell. When we get old why does are brain keep thing were young and do anything
that does appear to be a symptom all us old farts seem to have.... hope you aren't to sore tomorrow!!

Be safe,

Rob

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hopefully our old farts brains still think we can ride motorcycles! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The problem with old farts is they don't do enough of the stuff that can get us into trouble. Core strength and balance is the key in my opinion. Lots on the internet. This is only one of many.

·
13,172 Posts
53canuck
when you get to be old you'll find your bones and body get real stiff. Yes moving helps but you don't have the mobility you use to.
By the way, leg hurts like hell more muscle than bone

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts

Now we just need those affordable flying cars. Somehow I think those are very far in the future (50 or more years) for us commoners. The rich who can afford it will get them if they have the desire to get their pilots license because that's a whole 'nother level. By the time we get them they will be autonomous drone cars controlled by a central mainframe and a very smart onboard AI so we won't even be flying them. Just along for the ride like flying in a commercial aircraft.

By the way, I just had a telemedicine appt this morning due to CoronaBologna, a video call with my dad and sister the other day, and I get online exercise class info nearly daily thanks to the virus as well. I have a home office I can video call or conference with but I'm mostly retired so that doesn't happen but it could. This stuff is all current as everyone knows. Anyone with a smart phone and Internet access via service provider or wifi can do all the same things. Crazy man. We got here fast.

You've probably seen this before but it still amazes me. Everything in this Radio Shack ad from 1991 can be done on your average smart phone. That's just 29 years and was possible in 2005 (earlier in Japan) so really just 14 years. Crazy man! There are micro SD digital hard drives smaller than your pinky's fingernail that hold 1 TB of data. Figure that will double by this time next year and so on.

This is why Gates and the other globalist elites want to inject a chip into you to make you part of the "Internet of Things". We, mere humans, could just be extensions of their version of Skynet using our eyes and ears. It has been a good ride, technology speaking, so far but it could get dicey if we let it. Just an FYI and something to consider as our future looks very different than it did at the start of 2020.

Many of us may think we are too old to see something like this happen but look how fast the tech evolved before.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Now we just need those affordable flying cars. Somehow I think those are very far in the future (50 or more years) for us commoners. The rich who can afford it will get them if they have the desire to get their pilots license because that's a whole 'nother level. By the time we get them they will be autonomous drone cars controlled by a central mainframe and a very smart onboard AI so we won't even be flying them. Just along for the ride like flying in a commercial aircraft.

w[/QUOTE]
And flying a car on manual over a built up area will get us into the organ banks in pieces. Sorry, channeling Larry Niven from 1969 there.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
And flying a car on manual over a built up area will get us into the organ banks in pieces. Sorry, channeling Larry Niven from 1969 there.
Yeah; the Wright brothers we are not. I'm sure there will be a hack to fly them manually though and some thrill seekers will do just that; plant themselves into a hillside or building.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Because of all this crap going on right now there's going to be some travel obstacles seeing the grandsons this summer. Schedules have changed and they are both going to be too busy this summer to visit. Because of that I've been looking for a webcam so we can at least visit and see their faces once in awhile.

It's pretty much impossible to find an affordable half decent webcam right now. The most popular ones are under $150 and are sold out every place I've looked both brick and mortar and online. I think the problem is most items are built in China and other parts of Asia and things are a bit tense getting stuff from there. The stock here has all been sucked up by people working from home and needing them for conference calls I guess.

Best Buy and a couple of other places say they are expecting orders but that could be just the usual sales line. Anyway, I'll keep checking until I come up with something.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
I think you're right about the issue getting things from China right now. There's an adversarial attitude between the two nations right now due to this virus thing and the trade issue.

Okay; which one of you guys is this?

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Lot's of motorcycles on the roads lately. I was out yesterday and scooters were everywhere. We had a pretty bad storm come through yesterday about 7pm. I hope the riders were home safe. Rain, hail and high winds broke a large limb on one of my trees. I'll have to cut it up today and haul it to the brush pile. We only got 6/10ths of a inch of rain here, better than nothing though. We have a 50% chance of rain through Monday and a chance through Wednesday. We need the rain in the area I live in. There was a tornado yesterday 50 miles S/E of me and we have had a lot of hail damage just a few miles East of me. I have a riding buddy that is a adjuster and he is happy as hail ( pun ).

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
It's Memorial Day, but there want be many barbequing today here. Cloudy with a high temperature of 67 and 70% chance of rain. I don't think I'll do a Memorial Day ride today, it's a little wet outside. I do hope we get a little sunshine today. I'd rather it be cloudy and rainy then high winds and blowing dust. Those kind of days really suck, mouth, ears, eyes full of dust. Even though my face covered with a fine powdered dust makes my old ass look a little better. ;)

1361 - 1377 of 1377 Posts