Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1468 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
Screenshot_20200531-210857.png

This is what happens when people act like idiots downtown instead of peacefully protesting.

Next step is national guard.

I'll be riding my bike to work at 3AM. Essential travel is allowed only to and from work or to medical.
Otherwise it's a $10,000 fine...

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
crashed yesterday. went into a curve with a lot of pee rock on road. Front end washed out on me. The vision went down hard taking me with it. The vision came out without a scratch. Me not wearing a helmet came out with a big road rash on the forehead. Road 80 miles home. Washed forehead good tuck 2 aspirin went to bed got up an hour later. You would not believe how stiff and sore I was. Today still stiff and sore. Guess I'm still not over the shingles
Ouch VJ, that sucks big time, lucky your OK, and lucky the bike has not even a scratch

So do you have the road rash on your face at the area of the shingles? That must be double painful....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
257 Posts
crashed yesterday. went into a curve with a lot of pee rock on road. Front end washed out on me. The vision went down hard taking me with it. The vision came out without a scratch. Me not wearing a helmet came out with a big road rash on the forehead. Road 80 miles home. Washed forehead good tuck 2 aspirin went to bed got up an hour later. You would not believe how stiff and sore I was. Today still stiff and sore. Guess I'm still not over the shingles
Glad you're OK, and it does show that Vision crash protection gear works really well.

·
13,262 Posts
yup road rash above left eye the same side as shingles. Not doing too bad kind of scared to go for a ride.
Being in the 90's this week will keep me home.
Thanks for the well wishes

·
Registered
801 Posts
yup road rash above left eye the same side as shingles. Not doing too bad kind of scared to go for a ride.
Being in the 90's this week will keep me home.
Thanks for the well wishes
ouch man glad you're doing ok....need to climb back on though....just a shorty

Be Safe heal fast!

Rob

Reactions: BBob

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
The went a week in the temperatures in the 80's, but today back into the 90's. A slight chance of rain this evening which we need. Put new blades on the lawn tractor yesterday and started mowing the pasture areas. They aren't bad, but it will look much better with everything the same length. I have usually mowed the outer areas 3 or 4 times by now, but not enough rain so far this spring. Man it is dusty mowing I'm going to finish one area today. Then I hope it rains this evening to get the ground wet. Then Thursday I can mow and it want be so dusty. I hope we get rain this month so all the grass on the properties around me will be green by the 4th of July, fire hazard, fire works.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
For the last 2 weeks I haven't wanted to ride. With all the bull crap going on in the U.S.A. It's time for the federal, state and city governments to put a stop on it all. Take all of the cops involved in the killing of George Floyd press charges on them and put them in jail. I have seen way to much police brutality all of my life. Having long hair and riding a motorcycle got me pulled over and screwed with many times in the past.

Reactions: BBob and CanuckRob

·
Registered
801 Posts
cut the grass today. Dam I'm old yard is bigger then my body can handle.
yea unfortunately my COPD doesn't allow me to cut the grass anymore...that has become another bill ....pay someone to do it...8( getting old really does suck...

Stay safe,

Rob

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I got a smaller lawn. About 4 giant steps across. And all the crap I see on tv and the bs we have to put up just to go out in public is the reason I get out to ride. Peace. Back roads with almost no traffic.

Biggest complaint,,,,, with my hearing, having to figure out what the hell someone is saying with a mask on.

The biggest revelation I've had through this lock down is drinking rum before noon doesn't make me an alcoholic. I'm a pirate.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
It's all fun riding until this happens...

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
[QUOTE="53canuck, post: 2573515, member: 39906"
The biggest revelation I've had through this lock down is drinking rum before noon doesn't make me an alcoholic. I'm a pirate.
[/QUOTE]
Best avoid playing "Captain Jim's Drunken Dream" then.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
[QUOTE="53canuck, post: 2573515, member: 39906"
LOL(y)

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
They are predicting a high temperature of 103 degrees F. We are going to Sam's Club today to resupply. So we need to get out there soon to avoid the heat. See a lot of motorcycles daily, some packed out and heading somewhere. I have a friend that did the Devils Highway 2 weeks ago. He's in his mid 70's. Said Arizona people where fine, but New Mexico people are still in the coronavirus mode. He has a toy hauler now and stays gone a lot. He's spends a lot of time in North Carolina. He would move there if his wife would go. He has made friend there, riding friends and has a blast.

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
There are things I would like to get done. Yesterday was 101 F and todays high in low to mid 80's. The wind and dust are blowing. So I'm probably not going to get out in it and work any. Damn sure ain't going to ride. I ordered a 10x10 commercial grade popup canopy yesterday morning to grill and cook under this summer. It has a shade to put on the side if needed. That will be nice at this years fish fry. Plus I can put it up with a table and chairs at parties. I'll anchor it with 5 gallon buckets full of water. When I write things like this I'm bored and trying to entertain myself.

Went to Sam's Club yesterday and bought a bunch of stuff. They didn't have any paper towels, that was surprising. You can get hand sanitizer now, but only one bottle at a visit. Toilet paper one package at a visit and the are rationing meat at Sam's now. It looks like that would all be under control now. Well I'm going to get off of here and do something stay busy, physical until at least 4.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Our best sunshine girls for last month enjoy the view...

·
Registered
801 Posts
I don't know about you guys but if I see this guy; I'm definitely not going to mess with him! He could have picked up the motorcycle and put it on the roof!

View attachment 251871
him along with MadDog are on my team!!!! LOL

Rob

Reactions: BBob
1401 - 1420 of 1468 Posts