Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1468 Posts

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
WANT TO BUY GENTLY USED SENA S10 OR NEWER.
Prefer a pair, but single is OK. 4.1 Bluetooth or higher.
I know this isn't place for this, but when I posted there, it would not appear. Besides, this gets more viewers than other forums.
Ric

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Rain, it is raining all around me, but nothing here. The 4th of July is coming up fast and it's real dry where I live and there is high grass on 2 sides of me. I haven't heard of any fire bans, but we need one here.

·
13,262 Posts
does anyone besides me take Silver immune? Been taking it about a month now and the scrap scar from the bike accident was gone in 4 days. It has helped with pimples and with allergies no more watery itchy eye

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts

·
13,262 Posts
yes Bob, I don't use the spray, that's the stuff. I just went to GNC to get more. I walk in and tell the sales clerk "the lone ranger" sent me. He always has that wtf look.

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
does anyone besides me take Silver immune? Been taking it about a month now and the scrap scar from the bike accident was gone in 4 days. It has helped with pimples and with allergies no more watery itchy eye
I use a different brand works good for me.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I need to look in to that stuff.

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I decided to try it after a conversation with a heavy crane oiler who had not been sick at all in 15 years since he started taking it. The fellow works in Minnesota outside year round.
Having worked outside quite a bit in not as severe winter conditions, -10 to -20, I was impressed.

Doesn't seem to hurt anything. I have had some luck lately with some annoying health issues, but don't know if they cleared on their own or what, really. Check back in 15 yrs.
I should know more. LOL

·
13,262 Posts
I'm in MN and I think you can catch a cold but it doesn't last.
I think it works great on my allergies. I was doing it twice a day and am down to once a day.
You have to be your own judge. Don't be surprised if you don't feel anything you just have to believe its working. Good Luck

Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I ordered a air purifier for the Cantina. It will supposedly filter the air in a 355 square foot room every 10 minutes. Will see if it keeps the cigar and cigarette smoke down. It also has a UV light in it that will kill viruses and bacteria.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I ordered a air purifier for the Cantina. It will supposedly filter the air in a 355 square foot room every 10 minutes. Will see if it keeps the cigar and cigarette smoke down. It also has a UV light in it that will kill viruses and bacteria.

This machine works well, damn quite. With just me smoking in the Cantina it keeps the air quality good. They fan will go up to 2nd speed for a short time then back to low once it has cleaned up the air. Will have to wait and see how it works with 3 people smoking. There is generally lingering smoke with me smoking after a while. Yesterday the air stayed clear of smoke.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I really get tired of picking up water bottles, beer can/bottles and fast food trash out of my ditch. It's almost a daily thing I do. I keep the ditch out front mowed and clean, the state will mow it twice a summer. They cut it to high and the majority of the people around here keep their ditches mowed. If we could just keep people from littering.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I really get tired of picking up water bottles, beer can/bottles and fast food trash out of my ditch. It's almost a daily thing I do. I keep the ditch out front mowed and clean, the state will mow it twice a summer. They cut it to high and the majority of the people around here keep their ditches mowed. If we could just keep people from littering.
I have same problem. I live on the corner of a busier than normal two streets. It's not too bad and I'm not complaining about the traffic but the litter problem is crazy. Not city crazy but still a lot for a rural area. About once or twice a month I take a bag and my tong litter picker uppers to pick up mostly small booze bottles. Their favorites are Southern Comfort and Fireball. These little liquor bottles comprise at least half of the litter I pick up. Bunch of alcoholics around here I guess who need their fix on the way to work and their after work hit because it's on both sides of the street. Some of it is definitely pedestrian traffic.

When high school is in session there are lots of kids walking along this road. I don't like they idea of them seeing all the liquor bottles plus if I don't pick them up; no one will.

A really trashy set of neighbors just moved out because the property was condemned due to black mold and the tenants evicted but it was all the trash on the outside that really irked me. I mean who lives like this? They were young, in their 20's, and very skinny. I suspect they were tweakers. Good riddance. Worst neighbors ever. I hope the County makes the slumlords demolish the house and clean up the entire property. It's one of the very few rentals in the area and a true blight. Disgusting.

The cage against the house is where they kept a 14 month old puppy 24/7. Why even have a dog if that's what they were going to do with him. They also had a female dog of the same age they kept in the house. Neither were fixed so of course she got pregnant and had 8 puppies herself. The tweakers gave 4 of them away before they were weaned off the mother so they probably won't live. Stupid tweakers and mean spirited as well. The afterlife will not be kind to these scumbags. The front of the house looked even worse until the County made them clean it up last winter. Imagine the diseases these tweakers are carrying around inside them. :eek:

·
13,262 Posts
you know if you run out of gas someplace on the hwy and need a can to get gas from your buddies bike to your there wouldn't be one.
Am shocked you have slobs living around

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
you know if you run out of gas someplace on the hwy and need a can to get gas from your buddies bike to your there wouldn't be one.
Am shocked you have slobs living around
They were the only ones with trash everywhere. I have one that doesn't keep his property up the way he should but no household trash laying around outside.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
The AC/ heating fan motor went out on my truck. It's in the shop and suppose to be ready this afternoon. Good thing I took it in, it's going to be around 105 degrees F, 41 C all week.

I had been looking at trucks, man the price for used pickups are outrageous right now. New trucks are unbelievable prices. I don't need much of the crap they put on them now. So I figured I'd have some work done on my truck while I had it in the shop. Front brakes, new shocks, tune up, positive battery connector replace, ball joints, tie rod connector replaced and a couple of oil leaks fixed. This truck is 20 years old and I have been driving it for 20 years, year 2,000 model 2500 Chevy. I had a long block put in it about 5 years ago. The motor has around 40,000 miles on it so I guess I'll drive it another 10 years. I do need to find another tailgate for it. The one on it is pretty beat up.

·
13,262 Posts
Nab
I have a 1999 gmc seria. The day after I bought it the alternator went out. 4 years later the fuel pump.
Knock on wood nothing since. I'm looking for a car now I've only owned trucks but need for one now. The new to me used cars are so complexed I bought a Bluedriver scan tool. I want to find a good used car not some money pit. Up here most trucks rust out lust above the rear wheel well. I tried the scan tool on my truck and no codes. I contacted Bluedriver and they checked my scan and said yes you have a good trouble-free truck. Too bad, I didn't know how to prevent the rust 20 years ago.
Nab hope you get a hundred thousand more trouble-free miles out of your truck.

Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
visionjohnny, The truck chassis has a little over 200,000 miles on it, no rust. We have little snow or ice here and they don't use much salt when we do. They sand overpasses and intersections and use some kind of chemicals at times. The mechanic said my truck was in good shape to be 20 years old. They didn't get everything done on it yesterday so it will be Monday. So I'll see what I think then , it has to drive better. This old truck has the towing package on it and has always been ruff riding compared to a 1/2 ton, but 3/4 tons are due to a heaver suspension.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I have a friend that rode out at 0700 this morning for Colorado. He's wants to get in the mountains before it gets to hot. The high here is predicted to be 107 degrees F. today. He's staying in small down B&Bs many don't even have a gas station. It's about 350 miles to Raton Pass and he's entering Colorado a little west of there. At least the highway to the pass in New Mexico is now divided and 75 mph. I have been down that road many times when it was a narrow 2 lane road and the speed limit was 55 mph back in the 70's, 80's and 90's and early 2,000's. They got it completed in August 2016 to a 4 lane divided highway. I called him last night and wished him and his girlfriend a safe trip.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
It's been over 100 degrees here about 2 weeks. I have ridden a couple of times, but not far. Watering the lawns and mowing are taking most of my time. There has been a Cross Country pass my house every morning and going down to a shop just East of my house. There are always 3 motorcycles parked there, a Victory, Indian and a Gold Wing. I rode down there yesterday to meet them. They are in 20,s 30's and late 40's, young guys. They all so have 2 choppers at the shop. Big dogs are something like that. It's a garage door company and I guess they do pretty good, I see a yellow Vet parked there a lot. Nice guys and from the way they talked they ride a lot. Well that was the high light of my week in the era of the Coronavirus.

Reactions: CanuckRob
1421 - 1440 of 1468 Posts