1441 - 1460 of 1468 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I put a brisket on the smoker at 8 this morning, it will be ready for supper. Only a vert light wind PERFECT for smoking meat. I use Strawberry's meat rub, I have to order it out of Arkansas. You can't find it local and it's good on any kind of meat. I'm sure a few of the guys will be out tomorrow and they can eat something before they start drinking to much.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I put a brisket on the smoker at 8 this morning, it will be ready for supper. Only a vert light wind PERFECT for smoking meat. I use Strawberry's meat rub, I have to order it out of Arkansas. You can't find it local and it's good on any kind of meat. I'm sure a few of the guys will be out tomorrow and they can eat something before they start drinking to much.
Everyone told me the brisket was great, the best one I had ever cooked. They told me that last time too. Do you ever wonder when people say that kind of stuff. If that's what the really think or are they just being polite. They must like my cooking though, they keep coming back. Several ask me when I was going to do a fish fry. Fish fries always go over good, but they are a lot of work.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Everyone told me the brisket was great, the best one I had ever cooked. They told me that last time too. Do you ever wonder when people say that kind of stuff. If that's what the really think or are they just being polite. They must like my cooking though, they keep coming back. Several ask me when I was going to do a fish fry. Fish fries always go over good, but they are a lot of work.
Send me a couple of pounds an I'll give you an honest answer.:p

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I wonder what happened to the New Zealander's that used to post on here.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
I wonder what happened to the New Zealander's that used to post on here.
Was there?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
It's nice being retired, no one to answer to. I get up when I want to and go to bed when I wish to. I put up with a lot of idiots to get to this point. I worked for my retirement, it wasn't given to me. Payed into it for many years. Yeap it's great to be retired.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Yeah NAB, I hear ya. Now you know you are really a grownup. Our weeks are six Saturdays and a Sunday. Many times, I don't know which of them is that Sunday.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
Yeah NAB, I hear ya. Now you know you are really a grownup. Our weeks are six Saturdays and a Sunday. Many times, I don't know which of them is that Sunday.
Classic RICZ words, Haaaa love it..

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Damn I thought it was Sunday. I was trying to figure out what to put out for the guys to eat in the Cantina. Then I realized it's Saturday but I do know what to feed them tomorrow. LOL. So in a while I'm going riding probably stop and visit a couple of friends. Hope I don't forget it's Sunday tomorrow.;)

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Are you in one of the states where you can keep your roadkill?

Seriously though, with the temperatures this time of year they may appreciate something cooler than your famous bbq's. How about a 6 foot poor boy with some side relish/pickle/cheese trays.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
NAB, when you're retired, it's easy to lose the days, when your week is 6 Saturdays and a Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts

Seriously though, with the temperatures this time of year they may appreciate something cooler than your famous bbq's. How about a 6 foot poor boy with some side relish/pickle/cheese trays.
Don't know about the roadkill. They are getting BBQ, found it in the deepfreeze. Already cooked and sliced just have to heat it up. Brisket, tortillas and hot sauce I'll cut up some onions to go on it. I cooked the meat a couple of months ago.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
Most gained. I did. Too much fighting to get into stores. Hitting fast food more often.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Reactions: depot picker

·
Registered
257 Posts
What, after you hit something out in the scrub, do they come and take it away over there? Road kill roos are best collected on frosty winter morning, just after dawn. Ate a few roos early years at Obi.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
@ObiSteve Depends on the road but around here, yes. A dead deer on or beside a paved or well traveled road will get removed pretty quickly. That's a few a day. Removal is done by whoever maintains the road whether it be City employees or a contractor.

Deer are a big problem even within the city here and most NA cities have troubles with them in the outlying areas. They have become habituated to us and will wander through our yards and across roads at their leisure. In the last place I lived they gave the numbers out and there were over 1000 vehicle accidents a year around the city involving deer. That's a lot of insurance claims. They can be a pest and I imagine you may have a similar problem with the feral pigs.

People (civilization) created the problem and in some areas people make it even worse. How far will they go? I swear, there's a program here in one of the burgs where the wingnuts have been trapping and immunizing the females with birth control drugs. It might be effective but it's costly and temporary.

PS: We also have the occasional problem with bears and cougars in residential areas but that's less than a handful a year. I came so close to clipping one that I looked for hair on the car's bumper.

1441 - 1460 of 1468 Posts