Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at upgrading my VTX1800 to a XC. What is the range from a tank of gas when on the highway?

Thanks,
iCrush

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am looking at upgrading my VTX1800 to a XC. What is the range from a tank of gas when on the highway?

Thanks,
iCrush
howdy

i am seeing a likely 220 at about 75-80...which i reckon to be in the mid 40s....even twisitng the stops pretty good...which is about like my vtx13 but loads more fun...no comparision really...this machine handles like a ...a...a...well let's just say it makes my X feel like a barge.

2.8k so far....

oh yea...i have (basically) straits with a pc dyno'd at about t=128 @ about 3k, hp = 109 @5k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gulliverstoe,

Thanks for your response. Those are some impressive numbers.

Thanks for your feedback,
iCrush

·
Registered
19 Posts
XC Newbie

600 MI new 2011 XC.

I recently did a mileage check on my bike and only had 133mi on it before my low fuel light came on. After filling the tank it only took 3.5 gallons? So when my fuel gauge said empty I had 2.3 gallons in it still?

Anyone else having problems with the fuel gauge?

·
Registered
566 Posts
600 MI new 2011 XC.

I recently did a mileage check on my bike and only had 133mi on it before my low fuel light came on. After filling the tank it only took 3.5 gallons? So when my fuel gauge said empty I had 2.3 gallons in it still?

Anyone else having problems with the fuel gauge?
Yep, been there. You're not filling the tank. You need to burp the tank by lightly shaking the bike occasionally while filling. I usually stay on the bike while I'm filling, lightly move the bike when the gas lever shuts off automatically while pumping and I usually fill ~4.5 gallons.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep, been there. You're not filling the tank. You need to burp the tank by lightly shaking the bike occasionally while filling. I usually stay on the bike while I'm filling, lightly move the bike when the gas lever shuts off automatically while pumping and I usually fill ~4.5 gallons.

I stay on the bike while filling also. I feel the bike moves around enough while filling and the fuel gauge indicates full.

I'll have to check it out next time I fill up.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts