Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen a victory bike with this victory factory paint job? Its called the tribal pearl flame, its a factory special order paint.I have looked everywere and have not seen another like this.Does anyone know how many got painted like this and how rare is this paint.Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BBob the bike thats in the pic thread is mine.I have yet to see a bike that has this paint job!Wish someone had some info on it. The only thing i know is when i bought the bike they told me it was a $3000 paint upgrade the previous owner had paid.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The only time I've ever seen one with the paint scheme in person was at MOM's South last year. They had one for sale at the time when I bought my Jackpot. Stunning looking bike.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JackPT that was this bike!! I bought it there last year thats funny!!Wow your very close to me i live in cranston we should ride sometime!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I figured shooter. Lol. I used to be a little closer, when I lived in my home town of NS. Bought a place in Glocester though. Closer to the booines and better riding. We definitely need to meet up soon. The bar at the end of my street has big bike rides every weekend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That paint is sweet!!! I wish I had it!!! I have the 06 extreme black and silver with orange flame paint. I really liked mine until I saw yours, Thanks alot!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
One was sold on eBay last year somewhere around this time and they did not have to pay a premium for the paint. I remember because it was before I had bought my XC and I was considering it. Heck, for all I know you were the one who bought it and if it was you, you STOLE IT!! thumb up BeeeaaaaU-TI-full bike brotha

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ndabunka you are right i did buy it from a guy on ebay!He had bought it at MOMS south a victory dealer and then had to sell due to wife having a child.It only had 1800 miles when i bought it. I was not even looking for any particular bike ,but when i seen this one i had to have it.Last year i almost traded it in for a cross country and the dealer was going to give me more $$ then i had paid for it.It must be a very rare paint job i am yet to see another that looks like it!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just brought mine home today. I see your gas cap is silver, on mine it's black.

Inside the left side cover is a checklist on the paint as well as a sticker that says it's Tribal Pearl for the Kingpin.

·
Premium Member
13,641 Posts
Both of these are super sharp! Do you think they are 8 Ball's with this optional paint? Great idea at least 2 people had when they bought them if it is.

After doing a little research HERE; it looks like MSRP for an 08 KP was $14k and for the standard KP with colors other than black it was $16.4k. So getting an 8 Ball and adding just $600 over the cost of a standard KP produced these stunning bikes. Yep. Someone was really thinking.

Seems like Victory has gotten away from doing these custom paint jobs. I hope they bring them back at some point but as usual; the bean counters will be doing the deciding on that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Polaris says according to my VIN, i'ts a black 8 Ball. I would like to see an 08 accessories catalog, 'cause I see in the '10, that it's possible to order accessory Victory custom paint. I've seen pricing of around 2500 bucks or more for the optional paint.

Since they list mine as black, I can only assume that the bike came that way and the tins are delivered and swapped out, but I'm guessing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow niceee!!! first bike i have ever seen that looks like mine!!!awsome!!! iwant those pipes for mine.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,641 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow thats great to know!! thanks guys for your help, i guess we do have a pretty rare paint job on our bikes.I am going to hold on to my bike for a while.its funny when the HD guys think my bike is a HD because of the colors makes me laugh my ass off!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I picked up mine on Friday, trailered it down from the place (about 3 hours away, wish I could have ridden it, but I needed a driver!) and while most of the route was highway, I did stop at maybe a dozen stoplights.

Just in that trip, I had three people say "NICE BIKE!"

I'll leave it up to their judgement... But I do know of a guy in RI that has one with a sick Tribal Pearl paintjob that looks awesome! ;)

I bet the Pearl patterns are a bit different. I'm going to see if I can capture them with a strong light and my camera, and if I'm sucessful, I'll post them so you can compare Shooter. My polarizing filter might help, I'll see...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
sounds great jaak!wish you lived closer so we could do some riding that would be funny 2 bikes that look like twins!! how many miles does the bike have ? I blacked out my wedges and made the bike pop even better. Be ready for a lot of compliments i get them all the time .The main reason why i bought my bike was the paint i couldnt get enough of it!!! My bike gets so much attention its sick from kids to women to old people and even the friendly HD crew seem to love the paint.were did you buy that bike was it at a dealer or private party? were do you live anyway??

·
Registered
147 Posts
That would be cool to ride together... Double Vision. LOL. The bike's got a bit over 15K on it.

I bought it for the paint as well and it does seem to be getting attention. The g/f is jealous of me already and wants to get on it... LOL!

Bought it private, I'm west of Toronto, so a bit of a drive to RI. :) It is a US bike, not Canadian, the speedo's in MPH. ( I think in MPH so I'm happy with that.)

I am thinking I might black out some things as well. I like the blacked out wedges, but I'm gonna think on everything this summer, and see what I do in the winter.

Grabbed some shots in the shade, I need to try some in the sun to really get that pearl to pop. I love it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts