Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my XCT...I really do. But the thing is a rattle trap and noise trap. BUT, still the best bike I have ever owned.

Here's the noise as best as I can figure and how I tried to decrease these noises.

Dynamatted the inside of the fairing, but added the soft part of a velcro stip to the underside of the top of the fairing...now it sits comfortably.

The VENTS on each side of the fairing...they were loose. I couldn't figure out how to remove the clear plastic from the mount...so I just too some MONOFILAMENT line and tied it around the hinge...tightened it up pretty nicely. Now they don't vibrate.

The LOWERS VENTS...my left one is fine. The right one was replaced because it had over an inch of free play in it and would not stay shut. When I replaced it...it lasted maybe a month before it started to loosen up...so for it...I did two things. First, I just took some BLACK duct tape and shut taped it shut from the inside. However the handle still moved...so I found a rubber washer and cut it in half and just jammed it into hinge and taped over it so it wouldn't come out.

And NO, I do not use those vents even on the hottest of days. I found that I got just as much relief not using them as I did using them...even at the recommended 1" crack that some have recommended.

Have any of you had issues with the hinges and/or "friction" washers on the vents?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
My right side lower vent is loose. Left side is tight. Yea there are lots of little small buzzes I wish I could find but I'm giving up trying to solve them all. cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts