Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There are a lot of could be issues: loose windshield brackets or mounts, cables slapping on your bars or trees, connectors inside your headlight bucket, cables / wires / sparkplug wires under the left side of the fuel tank, passenger pegs, etc.

Where does it sound like it's coming from?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Could be if it isn't a metallic rattle. Stuff a piece of paper towel or a napkin under it and go for a ride. If that fixes it you could put a bead of rtv under the edge of it.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Is it a rattle or a bang? If its a bang, it could very well be loose steering head bearings--this happened to me not long after I bought the bike new.
For while, I had a rattle emanating from the gas tank--I assume it was the gas gauge float. It went away years ago.
If your bike doesn't have one of my laydown license brackets, getting one will not only improve its looks, it may stop all unwanted sounds and make you more attractive to the opposite sex. Or whatever sex you want to attract.:)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If your bike doesn't have one of my laydown license brackets, getting one will not only improve its looks, it may stop all unwanted sounds and make you more attractive to the opposite sex. .:)
I must concur 100% !thumb up

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts