Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching but haven't found any conversations on the RCX 4" slip-on exhaust pipes. Is anyone riding with these? Are they good? I'm ready to move on with my exhaust and don't want to do the work a full system would require. RC says the pipes are designed to run with the stock set-up.

Any information would be great...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you..
I'm also looking at Dtmml's mufflers..
The RC exhausts don't seem very popular for some reason.
I've seen them on eBay for around $500 but not many videos online other than the ones from RC...

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Monstermash, you have a pm thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm wanting a deeper rumble, but don't have cash burning a hole in my pocket. What can I do for under $300 bucks? Is that possible?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I put the RCX pipes on my 2012 Crossroads and LOVE them! I have had them for about 10 months now. Fit and finish are excellent. I got mine through Iron Aces. A great company to deal with. I know there are at least a couple of other RCX users on one of the other forums.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Note: I did have some popping on decel with the RCX addition to an otherwise stock setup. After adding a PCV, Lloydz timing wheel and Lloydz air filter and tuning the bike almost all popping is gone.

I put the Witchdoctors Cross Bike Muscle Baffle Mufflers on my wife's 2011 stock Crossroads...nice rumble (much better than stock) but not nearly as loud as the RCX. She has no popping or other symptoms since the change. The $250 price with core exchange is hard to beat. Because they are just a change to the muffler core the appearance remains completely stock.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Note: I did have some popping on decel with the RCX addition to an otherwise stock setup. After adding a PCV, Lloydz timing wheel and Lloydz air filter and tuning the bike almost all popping is gone.

I put the Witchdoctors Cross Bike Muscle Baffle Mufflers on my wife's 2011 stock Crossroads...nice rumble (much better than stock) but not nearly as loud as the RCX. She has no popping or other symptoms since the change. The $250 price with core exchange is hard to beat. Because they are just a change to the muffler core the appearance remains completely stock.
Thanks guys! What did the witch doctor change out involve?

·
13,003 Posts
long as you didn't want to go look for yourself I did

CORE CHARGE is applied to all orders. We send you the mufflers and you send us your stock OEM ones back. Once we get them we refund you the core charge.

·
Registered
257 Posts
long as you didn't want to go look for yourself I did

CORE CHARGE is applied to all orders. We send you the mufflers and you send us your stock OEM ones back. Once we get them we refund you the core charge.
Visionjohnny...you're awesome. Thanks for helping!!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
mine are $325 upfront shipped in the US, once i get your stock mufflers/cores back i refund $100. so you are in to them for $225 plus shipping to me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
mine are $325 upfront shipped in the US, once i get your stock mufflers/cores back i refund $100. so you are in to them for $225 plus shipping to me.
I have sent you a PM when you get a chance. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have RCX pipes. I like them. Do you have any specific questions about them I can answer?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I have sent you a PM when you get a chance. Thanks for the help.

pm sent, i put my email address in also as im not getting notifications and barely saw your message, i have a few sets in TX now, i will see if i have any near enough to you to hear in person.

·
Registered
257 Posts
V-twin 1602, sorry for making your rcx thread about exhaust in general. I hope you got your answer.

I've decided to go with Miller Mufflers. He has 3 kinds, quiet, medium, and loud. I want more than my stock but not obnoxious. I want deep rumble especially at idle so when you start it up folks know it has a 106 in it. I assume even the quiet is louder than stock so I'm down to quiet or medium. Suggestions???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
V-twin 1602, sorry for making your rcx thread about exhaust in general. I hope you got your answer.
No worries. I got more information than I thought I would. Now all I have to do is make a decision on how I want to go...

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

I've decided to go with Miller Mufflers. He has 3 kinds, quiet, medium, and loud. I want more than my stock but not obnoxious. I want deep rumble especially at idle so when you start it up folks know it has a 106 in it. I assume even the quiet is louder than stock so I'm down to quiet or medium. Suggestions???

im building yours right now!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My deciding factor was the exhaust style. I've decided to get rid of the stock look and just ordered the RCX 4". When I first got the bike the next door neighbors just brought home new born twins and their bedroom in the front of their house. One morning a friend who stayed the night started his bike and woke them so I decided to keep my a lot quieter than normal. But they're two years old now and I'm ready to go louder. Hopefully I've made the right choice...

·
Registered
257 Posts

im building yours right now!
Can't wait brother! Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
My deciding factor was the exhaust style. I've decided to get rid of the stock look and just ordered the RCX 4". When I first got the bike the next door neighbors just brought home new born twins and their bedroom in the front of their house. One morning a friend who stayed the night started his bike and woke them so I decided to keep my a lot quieter than normal. But they're two years old now and I'm ready to go louder. Hopefully I've made the right choice...
That's awesome! We can compare notes after we run our bikes with our respective exhaust choices.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts