Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready for all this craziness to calm down so i can start moding the KP. Here is a small list of things I've ordered/will order.

Black Fly bars-will run wires/throttle cable inside
SMT black silencer assasin grips and toe pegs
HID high/low beams
Red spark plug wires
Spike axle covers
LED fork signal wraps
License plate mount that will go under the tail-light
black spike bolts that will go where ever i can put them lol
Arlen Ness 4-point mirrors
Licks black distressed solo bag
Arlen Ness Cheap shot
K&N filter

My friend is making some short pipes that will be black+wrapped in black.

Taking off to paint black
cheese wedges (holes drilled)
engine covers
headlight
speedo
light guages
passpeg mounts
Smoke tail-light

Pretty excited to get started with all of this. If any of you guys have any advice please feel free to shoot some my way, I've never really been a "machine head" type so most of this is pretty new to me. Merry Christmas, have a good one!! cheers

·
Administrator
5,974 Posts
What model and year KP ? Sounds like an 8 ball , or it soon will be with all that black-out happening ;) cheers
His signature says 2008 Kingpin 8 Ball - but I know that doesn't show up in the iphone app.;) cheers

...I've never really been a "machine head" type so most of this is pretty new to me. Merry Christmas, have a good one!! cheers
Take pictures! They might help you when putting things back together, and they might also be good for others to see.

·
Administrator
5,974 Posts
Sorry bout that, yeah, sig don't show and I don't even get on the desktop anymore for the most part..... Technology , huh ;)
Merry Christmas to all :D
I do that too: tablet + couch = one lazy big foot in my living room! :ltr:

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep 08 kp 8ball. I'll definitely be taking and posting pictures. If anyone has advice about running the wires internally I would really appreciate it!

·
Administrator
5,974 Posts
Yep 08 kp 8ball. I'll definitely be taking and posting pictures. If anyone has advice about running the wires internally I would really appreciate it!
I believe you will have to extend the wires - just be careful, take your time, and do it right. The last thing you want is to put everything together and find that something's not working. Test, test, and test again. And if in trouble, post your questions - chances are, someone has the answer you're looking for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe you will have to extend the wires - just be careful, take your time, and do it right. The last thing you want is to put everything together and find that something's not working.
Thanks CrossRoads, the guy at meancycles.com said I could run them internally without extending them. I'll keep them outside if I can't do that. Maybe eventually but too much of a hassle for now.

If I sand and paint the brake/clutch levers will the paint chip off? I don't really want to send them for powdercoat.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Merry Christmas guys, I have new pipes,HID's and Big City baffles to install for my Spring ride. I'm getting some bad ass ceramic work done to my pipes before the install. Best of wishes for 2013. Can't wiat to post pix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question about running the wires internal. Could I just cut a few inches above the plug&play piece instead of messing with the controls/buttons? Then run wires through grip hole, down the bottom of the handlebars and solder the plug&play piece back on. As always THANKS!

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts