Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Roughly 80-82 horse at the rear wheel in stock form. I've seen 78 on some dynos and I've seen 86 on others.

Factory claimed numbers from all manufacturers are measured at the crankshaft with no allowance for losses thru the primary, transmission, final drive and without accounting for gear ratios. BMW says their K1600GT makes 160 HP.... Best I have seen in the magazines is 130 at the rear wheel... most show 126-ish.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's good numbers what are your mods? We need details to analyze.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I did a before ANY mods DYNO and an after Lloyds Air Filter change (only) and posted them on here & the other major Victory Forums (Owners group) so just to a search to find them.

I have now added the PC-V and Ness Thunder Header pipes but have not had a new DYNO run on it but I can tell that it is "peppier" than it had been without these 2 latest mods

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Went from 79 to 104 with The Vic Shop full meal deal, tour cams, atoms, timing, tuner, loydds air filter.
It may just be me but why (other than trying to be boastful) would someone post how their AFTER-MARKET mods affected HP/Torque numbers in this SPECIFIC thread? After all, the title is...
Real rear wheel HP stock

And NOT... "how much can I get out of it if the stars all aligned, right? :crzy:

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Has anyone done a dyno on the stock bike prior to mods? Would love to see the numbers compared to marketing material victory has.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
De baffled exhaust and lloydz air filter

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Looks like the origional poster added it and others chimed in....big deal.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
^ That looks like regular VM1 cams not tour cams numbers. The Vic Shop's dyno is not known to be a "happy" dyno as it reports lower numbers than others. But I cannot see these being the "tour" cams and the dyno being off the numbers of others by 10-15 hp and tq.

But what do I know? I wasn't there and maybe the stars just didn't align for your run to show the normal numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Went from 78 HP and 93 Torque Bone Stock to 85 HP and 103 Torque with Lloyds AF and Freedom True Duals tuned by a PCV .. Hoping to do better when add Cams in the near future .. I realize the Freedom True Duals is taking a slight bit away from Low End Torque but will live with that for the Sound they provide ..

·
Registered
504 Posts
Per Lloyd's here are the stock 106 numbers:

Vic states 92 HP in the spec - so less 8 at the rear wheel isnt too bad.

your numbers at 90/104 look good pretty good for open pipes with no back pressure. I would have expected less torque.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Just thinking, probably improbable since most improve their Vics
But a comparison new to fully broken in on a bone stock or even stage one bike would be interesting to see, just how much they do 'free up'
Not that it'd happen.
Anyone care to hazard a guess?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts