Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, With the help of Tim's great advice, I was able to replace the terrible plastic clamp pieces on the inside of the chrome trim afixed to each side of the rear fender behind the saddle bags. I used common metal friction-clamping tool hangers you can find at a local harware store. Tim used screws or nuts and bolts (it looked like) to hold them but a super adhesive two-part paste called PC-7 did the job beautifully without having to use fasteners and drill into the hefty trim pieces. Because the gripping power of these metal clamps is so much greater than those made of plastic, I only needed to mount 3 on each piece and only in the upper position. I used the old locations to set them in place on a dollop of adhesive and used a dowel to keep them all in perfect alignment as the very thick epoxy paste set up over night. I used wax paper between the dowel and clamp to keep the dowel from sticking to the clamp. When I mounted the trim pieces to the bike the day after gluing the clamps on, they snapped on with such a will that I hope I don't have any reason to ever pull them off. They aren't going anywhere! Please find project pics attached. Dave

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts