Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to align my belt, but wondered how to torque it to 65Ft lbs?
My torque wrench and socket will not fit unless I take the Left exhaust off. Is that the procedure?

Another question....
When adjusting the rear axle adjustment nut, I get a lot of movement of the wheel, so I assume i should just keep pressure pushing the wheel toward the front at all times.

thanks.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
You need to invest in a 27mm crows foot to attach to your torque wrench. If you leave the crows foot at a 90 degree angle you can leave the torque at 65 foot pounds. If you have it straight out you will have to alter you torque value. I can't remember off the top of my head but there are several websites that can describe it and let you plug in you numbers and give you the torque pounds. And yes, keep pressure on the tire in a forward direction.

·
13,177 Posts
right axle adjuster is for belt tightness left adjuster is for left and right. You want the belt in the middle so get it on the laft side and roll wheel till it just comes off the left hand lip.

To bad Vic doesn't use a 1/8" narrower belt life would be easer.

You want whats called a crows foot that way you don't have to pull every thing off. Sears might have one.
here is what they look like and there is no need for a hole set
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sunex-97734-2-Inch-16-Inch-Crowfoot/dp/B002YK7MEG/ref=sr_sp-btf_image_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1372035987&sr=8-10&keywords=1+1%2F16%22+crows+foot+wrench[/ame]

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
...I loosen the exhaust clamp for the left pipe at the crossover (15mm) and take out the two bracket bolts under at the end of the pipe (13mm). Not really a lot of extra work, and I didn't have to go buy another tool I'd use for only one thing once every couple years.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
You can get the tools you need from amazon for pretty cheap, think I paid $3 or so for the crows foot. I also picked up the correct hex socket for the front tire in case I need to take it off while I was at it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
TNXR

What was the metric size for the allen wrench to remove front axle??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Don't know the metric size for the front axle off the top of my head but if no one responds I'll get the size this evening.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
TNXR

What was the metric size for the allen wrench to remove front axle??

Thanks
5/8" = 0.625"
0.625" * 25.4 (mm per inch) = 15.875mm

16mm.

·
Registered
470 Posts
it is indeed a 16mm, I got one on ebay, titan brand socket hex for 8.99 shipping and all.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

Thanks for the info, I had not considered a crowsfoot.
Is there any difference as to what direction the crowsfoot extends from the torque wrench?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Thanks for the info, I had not considered a crowsfoot.
Is there any difference as to what direction the crowsfoot extends from the torque wrench?:confused:
I read somewhere that if the crows foot goes off to one side, you can use the published torque values. If it extends the length, you will have to recalculate the torque because the extra length will give more leverage.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts