Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i wanted to put speakers in bag lids how should i go about doing it properly.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Buy lids designed for it. It can be done yourself but you need some fiberglass skills to not look like crap IMO.

I think there are a couple aftermarket lid options made of plastic that would need painted. Occasionally the victory lids show up for sale on eBay or Facebook. Same thing you would need to paint.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
The oem kits are actually pretty nice. Though the saddlebag lids and the speaker surrounds may be hard to find and expensive. Witchdoctors used to have an aftermarket amp kit that was plug and play. There are a couple of aftermarket companies that use the original lids to mount speakers to as well. The problem with that is the stock lid wasn't designed for extra weight hanging off the bottom of it. The Victory saddlebag speaker lids have extra bracing and support material that not only allows a speaker to be mounted but it also adds strength to the lid. There a page on Facebook dedicated to Victory audio. Many of them have added an enormous amount os speakers, amps and even an aftermarket dashboard.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would look for a used set of X1 lids around $500. They do come available sometimes. I need to get the $100 wire harness that lets up connect the trunk to the lid speakers. Vicbaggers have them I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts