Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So am I to understand, after talking with my local Victory service manager, that the rear brake master cylinder has NO rebuild kit but Victory had quite a bit of trouble with them?

He told me it normally ran $650/700 to replace it. Maybe I'm just cheap but that seems just a bit steep to me. I had to rebuild the rear master cylinder on my Concours and even though I'm no mechanic, it wasn't a hard job. Even considering my Vision has ABS (which does cause me some pause) I'm having trouble believing the master can't be rebuilt.

·
13,002 Posts
why are you rebuilding it?

If you lost your rear break pump pedal hold down and open right hand front caliper CENTER bleeder. You might have to do it a couple times to get the air out. No need to bleed the rear caliper.

On the rear break line where the metal meats the line there is a bad crimp.
I have lost rear break once about two years ago. haven't had a problem since and the bike sits for five months over the winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll certainly give that a shot and hopefully that's all it needs because that price he quoted me was WAY ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'll certainly give that a shot and hopefully that's all it needs because that price he quoted me was WAY ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.
Just throwing it out there about changing out the fluid if your going to bleed. I for one never changed my brake fluid. Ever! UNTIL I had issues on my truck and the crap that came out out was unbelievable and my sticking caliper went away. Just a thought.

On the flip side, I had to bleed mine one time due to a annoyance with my rear brake about 6k ago no more issues. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts