Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the ness deep cut pegs/grips. I tried to remove rear brake peg and couldn't get it to budge. It looks like it's just threaded into the control arm.

Do you have to cut the rubber and grab the threaded rod w/ a wrench? Or should it just unscrew?

X-mann

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
It simply unscrews, but they loc-tited the threads. Channel locks or vice grips are in order. If you want to protect the originals, wrap with a cloth. Might need a little heat if the thread locker is too hard.

·
13,177 Posts
clamp the vice grip on as tight as you can and un screw.
Make sure new peg is metric

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It simply unscrews, but they loc-tited the threads. Channel locks or vice grips are in order. If you want to protect the originals, wrap with a cloth. Might need a little heat if the thread locker is too hard.
Ok.. Went back at it. Put a small torch on it, tried again no luck. Then I sprayed w/ WD-40, waited a few minutes and it finally broke free.

I'm ordering the Ness pegs and matching grips. ....and the upgrades continue.....

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Ah, the sweet small of success and WD40! For a better penetrate, I use Liquid Wrench's penetrating oil, it even beats out PB Blaster. Better yet by far, a 50/50 blend of ATF and acetone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts