Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone modify OEM configuration on the rear brake control to mount a H-D or Kuryakyn foot pad. I get tried of twisting my foot to apply the rear brake.
Thanks
Don

·
13,003 Posts
You know the rear brake is only to slow you down.
It does not stop you BUT it will throw you to the ground. OR something really bad.:(
I was at a after market store going threw a drag specialties catalog and under the shifter section i saw a round shifter peg that looked to be about 4 inches long. Maybe it would help you.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't ride your bike and not familiar with what you have as a shift / brake pegs, but I'm with you on finding some options to the "nub" some of us have as shift and brake pegs. Seems to be a void in the Victory aftermarket for this type of product.
I have seen stud adaptors that would allow you to convert the nub to an HD peg, some of which are more of a small pad rather than a peg.
I'd like to see someone step up and come out with both a variety of peg options and a larger brake pad-type alternative.

·
Registered
528 Posts
It is rather simple to add almost any HD or kuryakyn HD type pegs.
The toe shifter you only need to replace the allen bolt with a metric. Depending on the brake peg you use will determine the bracket needed to attach the brake peg.

I used the small brake pedal so it would not interfere with my cruise pegs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jokerman. I though I remember seeing that same modification, but I couldn't find it... thanks everyone who put in their 2C
Don

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
My brake pad upgrade was about a four minute install including getting the peg out and gathering a couple of tools. I am happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ronbou--what brand and model brake pedal are you using? I want one! Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ronbou--what brand and model brake pedal are you using? I want one! Thanks.
Use the link in the previous post. I bought it from "I don't care" on the (edited per forum rules) forum. It was the pedal and bracket. Go there and ask if he has any left.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone on another forum made up a few with an "L" bracket and a Kury pedal. I managed to get one. Works pretty good and looks much better than the stock one IMHO.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I installed a Kuryakyn long shift or brake peg #8856 I found on ebay. Works nice. Just a little longer than stock. Liked it so much I just ordered another for the shifter. Screws right into the stock hole.

·
Premium Member
13,166 Posts
I just used the Ness knurled pegs like on Ness xc they are 1.25 longer worked great and looks good
thumb up Our own Noemtz.com carries some Avon brand that look and work well too.
cheers

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
thumb up Our own Noemtz.com carries some Avon brand that look and work well too.
cheers
Thanks BBob!cheers

I do have a limited supply of the long versions as they will no longer be produced. Get them while they last.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts