Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Please pardon my poor visual recognition skills but what are we seeing? Is that the brake line against part of the exhaust system or something else? Is the mark on the metal melted brake line, corrosion, dirt, or something else?

G'day,

Vinish

·
13,172 Posts
Isn't there a recall for the brake line.
Is your bike lowered

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Did read about a brake line recall on the other Victory site. But NHTSA site for recalls and only thing showing for a 2013 cross country was a fuel pump quits from 2015 and the throttle cable lock nut.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not lowered. I recall something about brake line rubbing on something a while back.
I was sent a link to a thread about a recall so I went to Vic's website and tried to log in but they had no record of me (second Vic). I had to re register and even then nothing showed for my bike, a 2012 XR.

I called my dealer, Randy's Cycle in Marengo, IL., and spoke to the service manager. Without hesitation he told me that there is a recall and they were waiting for replenishment of the parts and he would call me when they were in. Less that 5 days later I received a call. The relocation recall was done this past Tuesday (9/3) and took all of about 20 minutes. No charge.

If your dealer is still in good standing with Vic, they should be able to relocate that line at no charge to you. Call your dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You might want to check with your dealer (if you can find one). Mine found a recall notice a out re-routing the rear brake line to avoid just such a problem. Took no time to move, but guessing it'll take a bit more to fix yours.

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. For some reason I don't think mine is the same problem. The original SD routed the line to the other side of the passenger foot rest, I think. That would not apply to this issue.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
There is a recall on all Cross Country's rear brake line. They reroute it and place some type of guard on the line. Had mine done yesterday.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks. For some reason I don't think mine is the same problem. The original SD routed the line to the other side of the passenger foot rest, I think. That would not apply to this issue.
I could still be wrong, but take a look at my brake line after the mod. Looks like it's exactly designed to take the line off of the swingarm.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Is this a recall or a TSB? I couldn't find anything listing a recall for this.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is this a recall or a TSB? I couldn't find anything listing a recall for this.
TSB, If there is no wear on the brake line it is about a 10 to 20 minute job. My local dealer had the parts in stock.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
13,172 Posts
geekydad
what is that line that is going around that plastic tube. Does not look good or right.

Polaris issues very few recalls cause they don't want bad ratings. They issue service bulletins to get around it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
So will a dealer fix this out of warranty or not? Normally a TSB is only covered while under warranty, out of warranty it is out of your pocket to get fixed. I've looked at my brake line and mine looks fine so not to worried about it but if the dealer will fix it on Polaris dime then I'll get it done. Nearest dealer is now 100 miles away and I work 50 hours a week so it is not the easiest thing for me to a dealer these days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts