Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a rear brake pedal off Ebay for my 2013 XCT. Im new to the forum and new to Victory. So far Im loving this bike but that teeny tiny rear brake pedal has got to be replaced. Can anyone tell me if the little peg just screws into the brake arm? It appears that way but would just like to make sure before the new pedal arrives and Im not sure the new pedal will have instructions so I just thought I would post on here because I know some of you guys have been there and done that already. Also if it is threaded and screws out...is it possible to do that without removing the brake arm from the bike and placing it in a vice?

·
13,239 Posts
Just ordered a rear brake pedal off Ebay for my 2013 XCT. Im new to the forum and new to Victory. So far Im loving this bike but that teeny tiny rear brake pedal has got to be replaced. Can anyone tell me if the little peg just screws into the brake arm? It appears that way but would just like to make sure before the new pedal arrives and Im not sure the new pedal will have instructions so I just thought I would post on here because I know some of you guys have been there and done that already. Also if it is threaded and screws out...is it possible to do that without removing the brake arm from the bike and placing it in a vice?
Here is a how to
http://buywitchdoctors.com/articles/82/victory-motorcycle-parts-remove-replace-sc-598/

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Thats as about as simple as it gets. Thanks for the link. Looks like a piece of cake.
Mine was not a piece of cake but that's the proper way to do it .. I had to add a piece of pipe to a 14" Pipe Wrench to get the Loc Tite to break loose .. Although the shifter side came off easy with a set of adjustable pliers ..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was not a piece of cake but that's the proper way to do it .. I had to add a piece of pipe to a 14" Pipe Wrench to get the Loc Tite to break loose .. Although the shifter side came off easy with a set of adjustable pliers ..
Thats probably going to be my situation as well :( I could have a suit with two pairs of pants and I'd tear a hole in the coat.:) Ive got a gigantic pair of channel locks, vice grips, and a pipe wrench so one way or the other its coming off. I cant believe a $20,000.00+ bike has a peg for a brake pedal. Not a lot of complaints in general about the bike but that rear brake pedal is ridiculous.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I unscrewed mine with just vice grips, no problem. Bought a pedal from a guy named Dain on the forum, Great product.thumb up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts