Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was checking out brake pads and belt tension, etc. the other day and I noticed the rear rotor has some "play" in it. where the part of the rotor that the pads come in contact can be wiggled a little from the part that it is riveted to, that bolts to the wheel.
Is this normal????
Rivets coming loose??
Bad rotor??
thanks!

·
13,262 Posts
how much wiggle. The thickness of a peace a paper or more

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess a millimeter or 2.
The front ones have zero wiggle...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure its a floating rotor, so that is normal.
Ok that may be good news but the CALIPER also has a little "wiggle" also with all bolts that I can see tight....
Again normal??
thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Floating rotors move a little, as do the calipers so maximum pad/rotor contact is achieved. If your bolts are tight and everything is aligned properly, you're good to go.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Floating rotors move a little, as do the calipers so maximum pad/rotor contact is achieved. If your bolts are tight and everything is aligned properly, you're good to go.
Thanks again guys!
Hate to pay a Tech. to tell me I'm GTG! cheers

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
This is 100% correct...and might I add...remember that the brakes take the energy of your momentum and convert it to heat. That is why there's a little play....heat causes expansion....physics is your friend, and yes I'm a physics geek :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
My rotor on my jackpot got loose like it was coming apart made a lot of noise also you are better to just replace it. Be safe.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My rotor on my jackpot got loose like it was coming apart made a lot of noise also you are better to just replace it. Be safe.
I think my rotor is bad too :(
I can wiggle it quite a bit and it makes a lot of noise when I do.
I can hear it rattle when I hit a bump as well....
Any way to TIGHTEN up the "buttons"?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts