Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Vision part # 2876572 for my Cross Country. I have never been happy looking at the rear top engine mounts and wanted to dress up that area. I was told by the dealer this Vision part would not fit and that the cable clutch would be in the way. Well I bought the part and it fits perfectly on both sides. It is a little tricky getting the second one on because of the way the allen screw attaches them from the back. I fabbed up a short allen wrench and that did the trick or if you have a knucle for your ratchet that would work also.

Sorry no pics, I tried but the gleaming chrome reflects the flash on my camera and wipes out everything. Bike is still in basement with a good 12 inches of snow still outside and minus 20.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just saw a xc that kewlmetal did the other week and noticed that it had the covers on it. So that got me thinking to...I was thinking the same thing..must be a vision part. Thanks for clearing that up...now I'm off to find a set. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
got them on mine too. nice addition. your right. one side is
a pia.

·
13,002 Posts
I purchased a Vision part # 2876572 for my Cross Country. I have never been happy looking at the rear top engine mounts and wanted to dress up that area. I was told by the dealer this Vision part would not fit and that the cable clutch would be in the way. Well I bought the part and it fits perfectly on both sides. It is a little tricky getting the second one on because of the way the allen screw attaches them from the back. I fabbed up a short allen wrench and that did the trick or if you have a knucle for your ratchet that would work also.

Sorry no pics, I tried but the gleaming chrome reflects the flash on my camera and wipes out everything. Bike is still in basement with a good 12 inches of snow still outside and minus 20.
Good for you and yes second one is a bitch. Just goes to show if we do enough research we will be smarter then the dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Hmm i need pics i have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Digital cameras take great photos without the flash--try it. If not enough ambient light, add some. Photos without flash are usually a lot better looking too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Dtmmil

We are talking about the rear jug attachment point at the top of the cylinder where the motor joins the frame. It is a triangular piece with 3 bolts. Kinda ugly and I wanted to cover it up. The Vision which has the same motor and mounting system has a nice chrome METAL piece that you can bolt over and cover the brackett. Page 27 on the accessories catalogue and called a chrome rear engine strap cover.

I also put on the chrome PLASTIC rear brake master cylinder cover which I am surprised has lasted well over one season that one you just silicone on. I am not talking about the fluid resevoir cover here. In the catalogue the rear strap cover and brake cover are side by each page 27.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I will take a look at the accessories book, thanks for the pic VJ but i cant see most pics with the app.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the pic DSCF3217.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Pics dont work for me on my phone, have been having trouble with the app for several months. Some pics do show up, seems to be certain members pics show up always, but others, especially the pics i really want to see, dont:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts