Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a question.... I bought a set of Viking bags, and I am thinking about using the existing mounting system because the easy brackets I also bought aren't here yet, and I really need the bags. Any way, if I remove both bolts on one side, are there any wires, or brackets, or any loose parts that I need to watch for ? My Harleys both had a bracket that held the wires tight away from the tire. just wondering....:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex I took my two bolts out and took them in to get longer ones for my Vegas bracket that I am working on. I had a Fatboy and yes on a Harley the two bolts held the fender on. The Victory has a different mounting system. Hex head bolts hold the fender on. The seat has Allen socket caps like the fender struts. All you have do do is measure the length as to not to go into the tire on the other side. It has about 1/2 of nut thread for the bolt to mount. If you feel on the inside you can see what I am talking about.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I guess I'm waiting in the easy brackets. The mounting kit that came with the Bags isn't the right one. The rods that mount the bags to the fender are about an inch too short to work. How that happens I don't know !

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, I guess I'm waiting in the easy brackets. The mounting kit that came with the Bags isn't the right one. The rods that mount the bags to the fender are about an inch too short to work. How that happens I don't know !
Do the brackets look like this? If so go the True Value Hardware and buy 4 8mm allen head bolts 60mm long. They have a good selection of bolts in chrome, stainless steel, or black. If it is just temporary and black will do, Lowes or Home Depot should have them.

View attachment 5622
IMG_0244.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I just looked at the instructions wrong. I'll have to check. Thanks for the pics !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts