Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any one out there who makes them for the Jackpot where you don't have to remove the license plate bracket??

Thanx

C

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have seen some home made ones out there, you may want to do a search. I can't see why the MBW wouldn't work, I was going to try modifying what ever was needed to make it work, I don't see where the problem is. Perhaps they just want you to buy a new license plate bracket?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the reply-- said you were going to try it-- did you end up having second thoughts??- I just dont like those side mounted license plate brackets, its not allowed in Fl. i'm pretty sure, maybe horizontally. But I do like it mounted on the back , where most people dont want to cover the rear tire. I think there is a big gap there also when the bracket is removed.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
That is the exact reason I didn't remove my license plate bracket. The gap between the tire and tip of the fender is a good 6 inches and for me it really does not look good.

I know there used to be a rear strip that was made to use with the bracket. I can't find it though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought what I thought was one for a Jackpot on Ebay but it ended up that it was for a Vegas so I am trying to sell it. When I held it up it looks like it will work. It looks like you can loosen the existing bracket and this will go between the license plate bracket and fender no problem but since I did not have the right part # I couldn't try.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fellas

If you guys ever find the correct one-- please send me a P.M. with the info-- I will do the same if you are still interested

C

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike-

Have you ever seen one of those installed on a JP - or even a hammer???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Home Made

I have made a home made version.

Happens that I'm in route home from NY, upon arrival I will take some fotos to show you.

3/4 inch aluminum srip, led strip bougt in Western Auto and fixed with the license plate bracket. I use ti as a running light but can be connected as turn light (I installed two led strip to have this alternative).

Regards,
Victor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts