Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks good. Where in CA are you at? I'd like to see this. I was thinking about getting one, also what are you planning on doing with your plate?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey man noticed your ape bars on the Vegas what size do you have and did you have to change the cables after installation? I am looking at the brcustoms 1 1/4" NEW WAVE 2 BARS what do you think of these. I'll attach the link of a youtube video where the owner talks about the bars.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here is my alternative to side mounting your plate if anyone else has saddle bags or laws to contend with. Cut the existing plate mount down, bend and drill some aluminum rail, then slap it all together.

If you switch your front signals to LED you'll probably need a load equalizer or resistor to keep the stock flash rate. To check for reversed polarity on the fronts one of those simple inexpensive circuit testers that lights up works just fine. I'm sure they have a proper name but I don't have time to look it up right now.

These are the MBW signals on my bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kenrock this looks great! Do you have a link to the kit you purchased on ebay, or at least a name for it? Also, where did you get your plate bracket from that mounts to the axle? I'd like to do this mod as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
yes, I like that setup as well... is it solid in place? The plate?
thx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did my rear turn signals last night! love the look side mount plate from Witchdoctors.

www.xdcycle.com/discount-motorcycle-accessories/Victory-Vegas-LED-Turn-Signal-Light-Bar-Fender-Kit.html

This is where i got my signal light bar
thx bro, much appreciated. My only concern with the side mount, is our licence plates in Manitoba are full size car wise... might look ugly?
The plate kit this link mentions, I can only assume its for under the fairing in the middle?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Extremely happy with it! I mounted the front turn signals along the fairing like yours. Lots of wiring by the time I did the lighted side mount license plate. Only problem with putting those rear signals on is now I want to put the 200 rear tire on the back end. Must wait till I burn it out!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Extremely happy with it! I mounted the front turn signals along the fairing like yours. Lots of wiring by the time I did the lighted side mount license plate. Only problem with putting those rear signals on is now I want to put the 200 rear tire on the back end. Must wait till I burn it out!
I have a 200 rear tire with the LED turn signals like this and have no issues...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hahaha great news Turkeeslapper, when i ment "burn out"...i ment the tire not going to swap out the rubber till i have too. Very good to know it works well with it. Did you notice any difference in the ride with the 200?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts