Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Yepper. Even though it's chromed plastic and just sticks on with some silicone; it looks pretty decent. I really don't know why these aren't put on as stock equipment. The rear brake reservoir and master cylinder just plain uglies up that area of the bike IMHO. You can make a reservoir cover out of a rattle can paint can cover. There are other more elegant options from many parts dealers. I went with the one below but they have upgraded them since then.

Fluid Reservoirs, PJ's Parts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
I have this one from Arlen Ness. Piece of cake to swap out.

Arlen Ness Rear M/C Reservoir
I'd like that one (to match my gas cap). Just other things are more important things to buy right now. Good looking piece....
I agree with both of you. I think the OP was looking for a cover for the actual master cylinder rather than the reservoir but I agree again; this Arlen piece is NICE.

The thing about waiting a little while for better parts to present themselves is the bike might die of rust in the meantime.

Just kidding of course. Next month or the one after that; someone will come out with an even more amazing piece and then we have to make that hard decision to either buy the new one or accept our old one as being just fine - for now. ;)

Ahh... the world of customizing bikes on such a limited budget. It just never gets any easier; EH!

The good news is we all produce some fun and nice looking bikes that are ridable rather than carpet queens. Personally; I'll take the ridable one any day over the carpet queens unless someone wants to pay me $100k to build one then, yep, I would love to build a carpet queen for someone.

Yeah, I know, it ain't gonna happen, but a fella can dream again right!!?

JMHO, FWIW, YMMV. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies
I already have this item Rear Master Cylinder Cover - Chrome | Victory Motorcycles Store
I am looking to do something with the reservoir and buy the looks of it I may have to go the full replacement with an Arlen Ness one
Cheers

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bedazzled a paint can lid,... because it's the perfect size hat!....and the price is RIGHT!!

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
tang56- Great idea. I just did the same with a black lid off a Spectracide Pruning Seal can. I just trimmed a little notch out for the rubber brake line and put a 3/4" square piece of Velcro on top the original cap and inside the lid. Works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts