Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently purchased a 2013 Crossroads Classic that has a Lockn'Ride rack installed. I am aware of the recall (NTHSA 13E-048) on these when a rack has been installed and this bike has the upgraded backrest with 3 holes on each side. I want to add a rack but as one cannot be had from Victory any more due to the shutdown of production I have been scouring the web. There appears to be number of the 2 hole racks available at half the price of 3 hole. Does anyone know for sure if the 2 holes on the 2 hole rack will work with the bottom 2 holes on the 3 hole backrest.

Thanks, Tim

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Do you still have the 2 hole backrest that goes with the 2 hole rack? If so, put them together and get a brand new 3 hole backrest and rack from any Victory dealer due to the recall. Then sell your 3 hole backrest separately. I just picked up my 3 hole combo yesterday at zero cost to me due to the Victory recall.

Otherwise, keep tracking the Victory Owners page on FB as well sites like eBay and Amazon. The 3 hole racks do show up from time to time.

By the way, my wife hates the Victory backrest as it slants back way too much. She loves the more upright and supportive position the CCT trunk provides.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
To answer your question....no, the two holer won't match up with the 3 holer. I'm certain that was deliberate.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Another option is to do what I did. I also returned the old backrest for the updated one years ago even though I never put a luggage rack on it my dealer agreed with me that the 2 holes may be hard to find down the road so he exchanged it. Fast forward to last year and Polaris had a huge blowout on accessories so I bought the 3 hole rack. I didn't want to have to take the rack on and off all the time (don't like the look of it) so I went to fleabay and bought a new 2 hole backrest and matching luggage rack for less than what the rack cost buy itself. Now I have a backup which is good because I plan on keeping my XR for many many years to come.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a NOS 3 holer off FleaBay for a reasonable price. Now looking for heated grips!!

Thanks, Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts