Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I have a 2013 XCT and my right rear turning signal seems to have stopped working. I took the bike in for routine 12K service about 3 weeks ago and my dealership service department diagnose the issue as a flasher module which was faulty and replaced it. Now shortly after getting the bike back and a couple days later the same issue has return. My right rear turn signal seems to work intermittently. Meaning at any given moment I'll start her up and check the turn signal and its working. Sometimes flasher and both rear turn signal will work. But more often they don't. I'm having stage 3 upgrades dropped in this week at which time I'll have them look at the right rear signal light failure again. Has any one experience such issues. Oh, the only upgrades I have at this time are HID High & low beam lights. Any thoughts on this issue I should bring to my dealers service department tech. Again they replaced the flasher module and the same problem has return. No right rear turn signal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does your bike have hazard flashers? if so does it work when they're on? They should use different flasher modules but I can't say for sure without a wiring diagram.

Do you have a volt meter? Can you check voltage at the plug to the signal to see if it's the signal itself of in the wiring before the plug.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is it will work 1 out of every 5 times. I when power it up. Then I'll get under way and make it a point to check it some point. And sure enough that right rear turn signal has stopped working again. When I first start up the bike or power it up that 1 out of 5 times it does work. The flashers work and the right rear turn signal work. But it seems to be short lived. 5 minutes into a ride it stops working again.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
The thing is it will work 1 out of every 5 times. I when power it up. Then I'll get under way and make it a point to check it some point. And sure enough that right rear turn signal has stopped working again. When I first start up the bike or power it up that 1 out of 5 times it does work. The flashers work and the right rear turn signal work. But it seems to be short lived. 5 minutes into a ride it stops working again.
So when flashers are activated it only works 1 of 5 times as well? If yes, you have a poor contact on the light.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked it this morning before riding into work. All lights work accept that right rear turn signal. Of course I''m now giving myself and others a lot of space and using hand signals for all right turns. I'm going to be dropping the bike off at my local dealership to have some upgrades installed this week. They just replaced the flasher module a couple weeks ago. So I'm hoping they figure it out for good this time.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I know you mentioned the added HIDs, but just to confirm: you haven't added any other lights -- running, extra LEDs, etc. -- to the bike, correct?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Nope! the only thing I've added was the HID high / low beams lights.
OK, thanks (and there goes one theory of mine). Sorry, I haven't got a clue here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank anyway for the quick responses. I'm really hoping when I take the bike in this week for my upgrades the dealership service department figures it out. Not a darn thing else than this right rear turn signal not working thing.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
my left one got all twitchy after riding through a rainstorm...turns out the contacts on the selector got a little gunked up in the switch housing was all. Might look there, too.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was, but re-reading your post I realize you said only the REAR signal wasn't working. Neither of mine work, and I could actually feel that the indicator switch felt gummy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts