Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever find the air hose for their rear shock wearing though? I pulled my seat and noticed a significant(through the outer sheath) spot of wear, where the air hose comes over the wheel well. It looks like the seat is rubbing on it at that point. I'm glad I caught it now, before it split the hose.....I think I can salvage it, then reroute the hose.
Any suggestions on how to fix the hose, its not fully though or leaking and where to re-route? Thx

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Not entirely sure whether someone had done a relocation, or that the 2016's have the fill/gauge in the saddlebag. I saw a picture of it somewhere and I wouldn't mind relocating mine there for ease of checking/filling.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
13,262 Posts
John Wayne would be happy (arm's way )

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
While checking and adjusting my shock pressure the other day I was thinking, "who and the heck thought of this idea as good" Hiding a continually serviced part behind a panel like that. Silly. The RSV was sort of hidden above the side cover, but accessible. So what would keep a fellow from just using the steel hose part of the mod to make an extension and place it somewhere?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for your viewing pleasure here's a pic of the repair on the hose:

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
No that wasn't it, I'll try to find the picture - it was in the saddlebag.
If you put it in the saddle bag it could become a real "Pain" when removing the bags, pun intended:laugh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts