Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone moved the air valve for the rear shock to a more convenient location? I'm thinking about doing this, but haven't figured out where to put it.....

·
Premium Member
538 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Sempervee had the best one IMO and was selling them. Wish I would have bought one then because I forgot over the winter how much a pain in the a** it was getting that side cover back on. I change/check pressure twice a week during the summer and one of those would come in handy.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The "best one" is kind of personal choice isn't it? The first link above gives you the part number to buy a braided line and bracket.

Put it on the left side (opposite side of bike) works much better.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Has anyone moved the air valve for the rear shock to a more convenient location? I'm thinking about doing this, but haven't figured out where to put it.....
Yes, I did this, based on the work of some others here. I have a very detailed write-up on this as a page on my web site, here: http://www.billanddot.com/shock-valve-relocation.html

On that page you'll find pictures, parts, etc., along with links to a couple of threads here in which some others started work on that process (and some of the slightly different ways that others have finished the project, e.g., mostly winding up on the left side, whereas I ended up on the right side, through the cover).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did mine, it's on right side between seat and saddlebag lid. You can access by opening lid, then it's a breeze! I'd send pictures but the bike is still @ Stealer for the Engine shim - 22 days and counting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts