Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is not even 2 years old, just turned 17k miles. Lost probably 4 oz of oil already. Is it non rebuildable?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
That should be covered by a warranty of some sort. If you don't have an extended or mfr, then check with your state Consumer Protection Agency. Please tell us you never filled it with air from a compressor of any type.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Bike is not even 2 years old, just turned 17k miles. Lost probably 4 oz of oil already. Is it non rebuildable?
Rt17 must've done that poor shock in ;)
Is the bike still under warranty...seems awful early for a blown shock....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if it would be covered at all. No never pumped it with an air compressor. Gonna call the dealer tomorrow. Stramge that this would happen so soon.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
My first one started leaking oil around 30,000 miles if I recall. can NOT be rebuilt. Second one didn't last that long. I now have a Penske which can be rebuilt. They recommend every 40,000 but I think I'll push it well past that before sending it in for a rebuild.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I went to the Penske site and found nothing for Victory. Got a link? Anyone? Bueller?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did find the Penske shock for XCs. $699. Its a high end coil over with adjustable comp and rebound. No air preload, so finding a happy medium between solo and 2 up may take some tweaking time. Regardless, a lot of people have had blown shocks well under 20k I'm finding out. Replaced and blown again. Apparently the rear shock for these bikes is a dud and Victory has not corrected the issue yet.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
email Dan at Traxxion.com about the shock, if you go that route you will like it, i do believe im getting mine back from insurance, it will go on my next bike.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That sucks Booty , that's a lot of replacement money for something that didn't last very long ... I would be raising Hell with Ma Vic before I was kneeling at my own personal money tree ....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called my dealer, on vacation at the moment. Ill have an answer next week

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
RICZ, Contact traxxion and they can set you up. However when it arrives its a Penske shock. Why they don't list it on their web site beats me. Or maybe call them directly

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I wanted to check out the Penske shock just out of curiosity. My shock is still performing as it should. If it did need to be replaced, I would hope to find an aftermarket air shock for the ease of re-adjusting.

·
Registered
257 Posts
email Dan at Traxxion.com about the shock, if you go that route you will like it, i do believe im getting mine back from insurance, it will go on my next bike.
They sell the Penske shock. After 85K my rear shock started to leak oil. I have the Penske shock on order through my local dealer. Looks like about a 3 week wait.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
They sell the Penske shock. After 85K my rear shock started to leak oil. I have the Penske shock on order through my local dealer. Looks like about a 3 week wait.

yes traxxion sells them, contact dan, he will get you setup with a questionair to fill out about how you ride, etc so they can build a shock for you, i believe it ends up right around $700

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
My shock went out during the first year I owned the bike with about 3k miles on it. Dealer showed me the new shock, of course it is made in China.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Ricz I thought of that at first as well. However Dan asked for some info , loads etc and set me up. Be it loaded two up or just myself, this Penske shock gives a far better ride than the OEM ever did. In our case I no longer have a need to make any adjustments.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Hmmm

well my first one went out at 600 miles, seems from talking to other Victory owners the dealership I bought mine from is notorious for not inspecting on delivery.
I now have 3300 miles on the bike and it is going out again. I am waiting on a call from Victory Corporate.

If they don't cover it, mine will morph into a Harley Davidson by the weekend.
I don't play with those that don't back their products.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Are these problems caused by crappy roads, being overloaded or poor quality parts? In my circle of friends and on other forums for bikes or cars I've never come across so many problems with shock absorbers. I tend to keep my vehicles a long time and have only ever replaced one rear set.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts