Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Rear shock hardware size???

4K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  LILMAGS500 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone knows what the size/diameter is of the bolts for the rear shock ?

#4 ·
Are you wanting the size of the bolts at the swing arm or the rocker? Shank diameter or head size for wrench selection? It really would help if you'd be more specific, so we can help you. Completing a signature will help us to help you.

#6 ·
I am lousy at playing 20 Questions--can you please be specific as to what it is EXACTLY that you need the diameter of? I can tell you if I knew.

#9 ·
I give up, someone else can tell him.

#14 ·
Update on Ric's project.....
Bought a 9" length of 1" shaft stock and 2 stainless 8mm allen bolts 60mm long. Cut bolts so they stop just before reaching the bottom of the shaft supports. I will be drilling the hole for the rear screw all the way through.
Just for giggles I tried inserting the 1" shaft into the rear support hole and it almost fit! So I will turn down to 25mm only that part of the shaft that runs forward of that support. I will work either the rear hole or the shaft (or both) with emery cloth until there is a snug slip fit. Then mark for the hole for the rear bolt and drill a close tolerance hole. Then I can begin putting the bike back together and start the next project; installing a Barnett clutch cable assembly. Its blowing and raining like hell out there, so why not?

#16 ·
Invest in a caliper--Harbor Freight has digital ones for under $15. If you do your own wrenching, you will get a lot of use out of it.

#28 ·
That's what I was thinking about you, since you can't put a snap-on plastic reservoir cover on (but I'll be glad to do it for you -- meet me at the Chelsea Royal Diner in Brattleboro when you have a day off, and bring the part).

Reactions: LILMAGS500
#24 ·
Thanks Mags, you saved me a trip to the garage. I still have the suspension apart, so taking that measurement is easy. That guy must be a politician or bureaucrat since he refuses to be specific and takes up a lot of time going about it.

#26 ·
Will do Buddy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.