Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far down (on the threads) would you guys be on a 2012 Vegas for about 280lbs? I am about 35% down. Is this a good start? Open to all help! Thanks.

·
13,048 Posts
only you can tell. Ride it and see what you think. If your going to change it measure the gap so you know where you were and where your going.
we all have different feelings for our rides

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
How far down (on the threads) would you guys be on a 2012 Vegas for about 280lbs? I am about 35% down. Is this a good start? Open to all help! Thanks.
There is a formula for setting 'sag' on a bikes suspension, you'll find many vids on YouTube that'll take you through the process of tailoring your bike to suit you and your weight.

The stock Vegas shock had limitations for sure.
It's one size fits all so there's compromise in ride and handling.
The Progressive 465 is a vast improvement over stock if you can't find the right balance on your shock.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
280 on a Vegas ... You must look like a Monkey Fucking a Football on that thing .....:D

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
280 on a Vegas ... You must look like a Monkey Fucking a Football on that thing .....:D
Worthless without pictures
Smile

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HaHa!

The 280 is due to 2-up :ltr: Glad you guys are having fun with this one! Update, the amount that I have it set down (about 35%) seemed to be pretty good.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
The 280 is due to 2-up :ltr: Glad you guys are having fun with this one! Update, the amount that I have it set down (about 35%) seemed to be pretty good.
Sorry mate....

Did you YouTube & looked some videos about the settings? I thought that was easy to do, I looked at some Vids about 1 year ago...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
well if you are happy with it that's all that matters.:smile
there is however a prescribed formula for setting ride sag and it has no reference to where the nut is on the thread.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am 280...measured from the top of the lock nut, my shock is preloaded exactly 9 threads down. Rides like a dream and has some bounce over speed bumps. My girl is about 5'1" 120 and we ride without issue.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Hell...don't let me get on it.....I way 330 by myself! LOL

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
See these vids very interesting stuff

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
mostly sporty bikes

whenever you check suspension setting vids you will see sport bikes having much better + adjustable suspensions, but reading says much of it is for fine tuning. its noted factory suspensions are tuned for about 175 lb + or - a bit but many stink no matter your lb. generally even mid priced suspension tuned for YOU can be a big improvement. my 13 "firm" riding hammer was transformed with a Penske shock built for me @ 160 lb, the front inverted forks feel fine as is + as noted if your good its good enough as out standards vary!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts