Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone post a pic or tell me where the rear shock air fitting is and what the pressure(s) should be?
thanks
Jim

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
can someone post a pic or tell me where the rear shock air fitting is and what the pressure(s) should be?
thanks
Jim
It's under the right side panel. Pressure depends on your weight and your passenger's weight, if any. See owner's manual for a guide. I run mine at zero.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
thanks
Jim
On my 2014 CCT it is located behind the right side cover.
There is also a sticker in the lid of the right saddlebag showing all the recommended pressures depending on the weights and cargo.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Paul. Btw you get that horn on yet? You'll love it.
Jim

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
thanks
Jim
A) As others have pointed out, attached is a pic (click on thumbnail), showing what's behind the right side cover. The area in question is toward the back end of the bike.

B) I scanned in the relevant pressure table and other info on this, from the shop manual: www.billanddot.com/Rear-Shock-Adjustment-p-2-32.pdf (takes a minute or two to load).

C) If you find yourself adjusting or even just checking the pressure a lot (some shocks have been prone to leak), and particularly if you have an XCT -- which has saddlebag guards and large passenger mini-board mounts less than an inch away from the side cover held by three arrows and grommets -- you may be interested in relocating that valve. If so:

1) This is a thread I started on that topic last year: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=58698

2) This is a thread in which Mike MTVic showed that it can be done, and fairly easily: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=59042

3) This is a write-up I did, documenting (pics and captions and descriptions, etc.) a more complicated procedure, i.e., how I drilled through the right side cover and added a new valve: http://www.billanddot.com/shock-valve-relocation.html ; not for everyone's tastes, of course.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where can I get the extension hose ? and what size is it ?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I am planning on moving the fitting myself sometime soon and found this write up on a local Victory thread that looks like a lot easier (and cheaper) mod to do:

http://tcvr.us/messages/showpost.php?p=51171&postcount=13
Yep, that's a much simpler mod, and is the sort of thing MTVic, et al., ended up with.

I wanted a new valve to be a little farther from the heat of the engine, and a little easier to get to -- I mess with the shock a lot, with solo rides and two-up with my wife -- and I also just wanted to try tapping a Schrader valve, i.e., just one of the projects to keep me busy over the winter.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Where can I get the extension hose ? and what size is it ?
Most auto parts places ought to be able to help you out. I bought my 7" at http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-STEEL-DUAL-WHEEL-VALVE-STEM-EXTENDER-EXTENSION-7IN-STAINLESS-STEEL-HOSES/271266231779 , but you might want a longer 9" one, e.g., http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-STEEL-DUAL-WHEEL-VALVE-STEM-EXTENDER-EXTENSION-9IN-STAINLESS-STEEL-HOSES-/271262235636 . Of course, you don't need a pair, the way I got them -- you just need one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The extension in the post I referred to was nearly 10" long and only cost $15 from Amazon:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Braided-Valve-Extension-Flange/dp/B00E9256SG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404412563&sr=8-1&keywords=Flexible+Braided+Wire+Valve+Stem+Extension+%28Flange%29+-+250mm%2F9.84inch[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Visionjohnny you are an asshole. People offer idea, suggestions and all you can do is critique other people. You talk about ALL the bikes you gave had but really offer no friendly, brotherly advice. You are a first class dick. i fought for assholes like you, and that disgusts me. Damn good thing you live in Minnesota . Stop posting on my posts asshole.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Wow, didn't see that coming......wac

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
VisionJohnny may have pissed you off but he is right, you really need to read your owners manual before you post. It will answer a lot of questions and you will learn more about your bike.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
VisionJohnny may have pissed you off but he is right, you really need to read your owners manual before you post. It will answer a lot of questions and you will learn more about your bike.
Who cares which way he does it? The man prefers modern technology and first hand input from folks who ride them rather than thumbing through pages of paper. Would his manual have mentioned any suggestions on relocation? or how to do it? or where to get the supplies? or why it may be a good idea? He leaves this thread with more info than what the manual would have given him. I'd say he made the right call.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Wow, didn't see that coming......wac
:ltr: why not? It never fails does it? I periodically take a few months off from coming to this forum because as a human and a man, I can only take so much rudeness and condescending comments before I feel like saying something I would regret saying.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
?

Rebel.. thank you . that is exactly my point. he was just being a condescending asshole. I am an electrical engineer, and i have a lot of young engineers ask me questions that they could find in some manual. if i told them the same thing that VaginaJohnny said to me, they would waste their time searching for information that were not sure of. plus i always add what I have learned in addition to what they may have read... hence knowledge base grows. thank god VaginaJohnny is not a teacher. opps i mean VisionJohhny

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
as a final note

i would like to thank those of you have posted good information on the various relocation methods and locations. it is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
thanks
Jim
I would think looking in the manual would be simpler than starting a new thread....:rolleyes:

You know how to ride but you don't read your owners book.
Such a shame
Looks like a self explanatory opinion to me..:D

Visionjohnny you are an asshole. People offer idea, suggestions and all you can do is critique other people. You talk about ALL the bikes you gave had but really offer no friendly, brotherly advice. You are a first class dick. i fought for assholes like you, and that disgusts me. Damn good thing you live in Minnesota . Stop posting on my posts asshole.
This post was uncalled for, remember its a forum, some posts my get a little hot, no need to start threating people. that's not cool....:(

:ltr: why not? It never fails does it? I periodically take a few months off from coming to this forum because as a human and a man, I can only take so much rudeness and condescending comments before I feel like saying something I would regret saying.
I belong to several forums, not just bikes,:eek: , and once in awhile some one gets overly excited , hopefully the OP will refrain from such insulting comments in future posts....:)cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts