Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any other owners experienced the paint flaking off,its my 2nd Vegas now and both have suffered. Maybe the problem lies in the fact its primed and painted alloy and it by nature will flex a little allowing the paint to crack a little bit then flake off. Dont want to repaint it really perhaps powdercoat or the new plastic/hydro dipping process will allow a bit more flexibility.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My brother in-law owns a powder coating shop and has done tons of pullies. As far as I know they have held up very well. The clear coat on mine is peeling and I plan on having it powder coated when the time comes to change the tires.
The problem I have with plastidip is that it peels. They tell you to just peel off any over spray so how durable is it? It has its place but I wouldn't use it on something you know you don't want to be temporary or a part that can be a pain to get to.

·
Premium Member
12,983 Posts
I mentioned the Plasti-dip because it stays flexible and is designed to peel off.

I was thinking more of just painting the outer face of the pulley and not the entire thing but, yes, powder coating would be much more durable and permanent. Just tape off the inner surfaces where the belt would touch first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts