Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i lost the left rear inside rubbing grommet when I was cleaning my stage one filter on my CCT. :mad:Think it went down that frame hole lost in the dungeon. Tank still mounted with the outside bushing in and the right side with both bushings in. Seems totally secure. Does anyone know where I can find that inside rubber grommet? Can't seem to find it online.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I lost the exact same one. Been running without it for about a year or so. I'll be watching this thread.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
I have always feared that could happen so I stuff a big rag in that hole when removing the tank. Murphy didn't like it one bit though.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Just like Ricz I stuff a rag into the hole, also I put some silicon adhesive (Goop) on the rubber washers so they will always stay attached to the tank.

The rag is for other things too, like the grounding screw or tools or whatever.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I very rarely work on my bike---been there, done that with the many previous bikes I've had. And I'm at the age that I just don't want to do it anymore. But yesterday, with my sons' help, we wired my bike for the trailer lights. I was following silvrT's EXCELLENT writeup with pictures, and in his writeup he warned about losing that rubber piece down the hole of the abyss. Thanks so much SilvrT. I DIDN'T lose my rubber !!! Everything went good up to the point where we were trying to tie in the harness that is connected to the trailer. For my Piggybacker I had to use the converter because brake lights and turn signals are the same light, All works great. Thanks again SilvrT.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Man do I hate when I lose my rubber... Especially in Tijuana! All those sleepless nights, avoiding your wife in the bedroom, the embarrassing trip to the clinic.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I had one fall down in the hole, but I did find it down at the bottom beside the shock mount. I retrieved it with a piece if safety wire bent on the end, hooked it and pulled it out. I will be stuffing a rag in the hole from now on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts