Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of mileage can I expect from the rear factory tire on my 2014
Cross Country? I ride single 95% of the time. 70% highway riding. I have 10,000kms on it now.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
What kind of mileage can I expect from the rear factory tire on my 2014
Cross Country? I ride single 95% of the time. 70% highway riding. I have 10,000kms on it now.
I just changed mine out , 18,102 miles , still tread left but the tires are a little blocky if that makes sense .... I ride aggressively and 2 up occasionally .

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will. Thanks.

"KITEBOY" Kevin

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
I just changed mine out , 18,102 miles , still tread left but the tires are a little blocky if that makes sense .... I ride aggressively and 2 up occasionally .
18k miles on a rear tire ? Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
18k miles on a rear tire ? Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Yep , surprisingly a lot of tread left too . But , I figured I would change them over the winter , got a couple epic rides coming this season and don't want any surprises . Plus it was wearing kind of funny and making a lot of road noise . I bet I could have got 20K out of it but why risk problems ....

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
I changed my E3 dunlop at 10k kilometers .... Still had a bit of thread left but could not stand slivering & sliding on wet corners any more .... But i could NEVER imagine getting that amount of Km or Miles out of a tire ...

Good on you Mags ... Wish i could control myself like that

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I've never done a burnout on it , but I do accelerate hard most of the time , but seems like every bike I have had no matter what tires I get good wear out of them . Just switched to Avon Cobras , cant wait to run them ...

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of tread wear measurement should I be aware of compared to new?

"KITEBOY" Kevin

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I just do a visual inspection while slowly rotating the rear wheel with the bike on a jack . Keep your pressures constant too , checking them once a year isn't enough .:grin

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
I've never done a burnout on it , but I do accelerate hard most of the time , but seems like every bike I have had no matter what tires I get good wear out of them . Just switched to Avon Cobras , cant wait to run them ...
I never did a burnout in my life ... Don't see the point in doing that ....

I hear avons are awesome sticky tires ...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
BP , I will let you know what I think after I rack up a few miles on them ... I hope they last as long as the Bumflops did .

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Well it looks like the Metz well be LESS kilometers then the E3 for myself

But plenty more smiles ....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Convert that to kilometers = just shy of 30,000.

I got maybe 28,000 out of my rear tire and I ride 2-up almost all the time. Always at 42psi.

Replaced it with a C/T ... should get double the mileage.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You guys are making me jealous......I have never gotten more than 15,000 out of a rear tire - worse was 11,000! I ride aggressive but never burn out - maybe its the hot asphalt out here in Cali? I have had Metzlers 880s, Michelin Commanders and of course the stock Dunlops.
PS the 11,000 tire was the one that did Rt. 66 thru AZ and NM - some very hot roads.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I believe the roads play a large role in tire wear .....

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Yeah if I got 11,000 miles out of a tyre I'd be over the moon!
Might be able to stretch a front to 10,000kms (6000 mile)
And I dont do burnouts either.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Yeah if I got 11,000 miles out of a tyre I'd be over the moon!
Might be able to stretch a front to 10,000kms (6000 mile)
And I dont do burnouts either.
Same here MbX ..... Same here .... I'll be surprised if i get 10k out of my Metzler 880 .... But we will see .. The grip is 30% better then stock though ...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Depends on the roads you're riding on, the weight on the bike, tire pressure, and how aggressive you ride. If I get 11,000 on a rear tire I'm happy because that's about enough to get me through 5 to 6 months of riding.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts