Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 V92SC, with 16,500 miles. The problem I am having with the bike is what seems like a wobble in the rear tire. Like if I lean into a turn the rear of the bike wants to keep going straight. It is also making a clunking type noise like something is making contact in the rear end that shouldn't be. I am also feeling feedback in the rear brake pedal, it pushes back. My question is this: Could this be the rear wheel bearings going out? or just a loose axle, axle nut not torqued correctly? I'm not sure. It seemed to get worse as I test rode it to try to figure the problem out. If it were bearings I would think it would be making a grinding noise or even squeaking/squealing. But I am not getting that, just a knock like something is hitting. Also it tends to get worse on acceleration and slow down/down shift/ braking. I had the tires and brake pads changed around 1500 miles or so ago, maybe less, I ride pretty much every day, so I don't remember exactly.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Ryan

·
13,235 Posts
You better go to the dealer and have them check it out.
Is your tire shot or low on air?
Get bike off the ground and see if you can wiggle the rear wheel.
Check your axle nut.
There is so much to check a dealer would be your best help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the biggest problem, the nearest victory dealer is over an hour away, and I have to borrow a trailer to get it over there. Tire is almost brand new, and I check my tire pressures every week, so i know its not that. I'm kind of thinking that the shop that replaced my tires didn't use the correct torque spec for the axle nut beings they are not a dealer of any sort, and probably don't have the shop manuals they would need for that kind of work on a victory. They service everything from 4 wheelers to jet skis to motorcycles. But most bikes they work on are crotch rockets. I go to them cause they are honest and have fair labor rates. But I am borrowing a motorcycle jack from a friend today or tomorrow, so I am gonna get it up in the air and check things out. More updates to follow. By the way anyone know the torque specs for the axle nuts, in case that is my problem. I cant seem to find a manual for this bike anywhere.

Ryan

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thats the biggest problem, the nearest victory dealer is over an hour away, and I have to borrow a trailer to get it over there. Tire is almost brand new, and I check my tire pressures every week, so i know its not that. I'm kind of thinking that the shop that replaced my tires didn't use the correct torque spec for the axle nut beings they are not a dealer of any sort, and probably don't have the shop manuals they would need for that kind of work on a victory. They service everything from 4 wheelers to jet skis to motorcycles. But most bikes they work on are crotch rockets. I go to them cause they are honest and have fair labor rates. But I am borrowing a motorcycle jack from a friend today or tomorrow, so I am gonna get it up in the air and check things out. More updates to follow. By the way anyone know the torque specs for the axle nuts, in case that is my problem. I cant seem to find a manual for this bike anywhere.

Ryan
Talk to Diamond...he has service manuals online that you can access....

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Unfortunately I have no way of hosting the manuals and they are too large for any email servers.

However, it sounds like you need to have your bearings checked or air pressure or even the tire might be crowning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it ended up being the left wheel bearing. So now the wonderful search for parts begins. This bike has been the biggest pain to get parts for so far, but I'm sure I will find them. Thanks for the help on here. I will update further if I need to.

Ryan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know what the part # cross reference would be for say napa or advanced auto for the wheel bearings. I have the VIC part # and the dimensions of the bearings, but most of these parts shops can't look things up by size.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so the vic part # 3513509 20x47x14mm (.7874x1.8504x.5512 in)wheel bearing crosses to a number of different bearings at local parts stores.
Advanced Auto National bearing 204FF
Napa Auto 6204/C3
Autozone Timken 204 may be 204PP as well website shows 204
From Grainger catalog
Dayton 1ZGG7
NTN 6204ZZC3/5C

Hope this will help folks if they run into this problem in the future. Again, thanks to all that have helped me out here. Hopefully all of this will go back together easy and I can be riding tonight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok so the vic part # 3513509 20x47x14mm (.7874x1.8504x.5512 in)wheel bearing crosses to a number of different bearings at local parts stores.
Advanced Auto National bearing 204FF
Napa Auto 6204/C3
Autozone Timken 204 may be 204PP as well website shows 204
From Grainger catalog
Dayton 1ZGG7
NTN 6204ZZC3/5C

Hope this will help folks if they run into this problem in the future. Again, thanks to all that have helped me out here. Hopefully all of this will go back together easy and I can be riding tonight.
how did you find all these part numbers?:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definitely go to a bearing distributor. Auto zone has to order them for around $22 and I just called a bearing distributor and they have them for around $7. Or go to Ebay and get them for $15 plus $14 shipping.

·
13,235 Posts
5-3-2011 is when this post started don't answer it
he must have it fixed by now

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wasn't updating it for him but for anyone else like me that had the same problem. Actually mine was the front wheel but they take the same bearings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts