Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other place to get a rear tire for my victory Vegas
180 55 18 I have looked around and everyone is telling me OEM only. they want 255.00 just for the tire
Thanks

m

·
Registered
19 Posts
Denniskirk.com You will find Them there are only 3 tire makers that make a 18 in that size you can also go to 200-55-18 thats what I got An Avon Venom

·
Registered
243 Posts
metzler makes that size in the marathon, i prefered them over dunlaps on my harley, however there seems to be an issue when mounting on the vegas, kingpin ? ? couldn't prove it by me, maby some one will chime in here , with some facts, ? ?

steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree metzeler is a great tire I have heard of no mounting issues but I have personally have never used a metz on my vic Did you look it up on dennis kirk?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Metz wobble

You may get a wobble up front over 90mph but it wears away and still feel much better than the DumpLots that come on them... I think I got the last set from tiresdirect or the motorcycle superstore...

hard to find, but can be. Love the meztlers.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Dunlop elites in the 200 size fits and handles great...will out last 2 of most other tires....Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Question on the 200

I have an 07 vegas, I have read from some that they think the 200 will crown and is not a good fit. those of you running the 200, have you had any problems with crowning or wobble?

thanks

Vee

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
200 series tires on 5" and 5.5" wheels will actually present less contact patch and a narrower profile at speed than the 180 due to tire growth. Not to mention that due to the tire growth, they are more prone to ripping out the rear wiring harness. I have also personally witnessed a friend go into a high speed tank slapper above 90mph as a direct result of slapping on a 200 series Avon Venom. We warned him, he didn't listen.... Wobbles set in any time he went above 80mph. He decided to push it through.. Down the highway he went. There are really tons of threads on this subject... why this question is still being raised, well... it honestly amuses me.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I just put a Dunlop D207 180 55 18 on the back of my 06 Kingpin. Got the wobbles at about 75mph. That is no good at all. Tried all the tire pressure and alignment stuff. Finally got a dealer only Dunlop D417 (the stock tire) and all is good up to 100mph. I still need to test it up to 115. That is where I used to get the wobbles before I switched tires.

One thing to note, before I replaced the stock back tire, I had to replace the front tire due to a nail. I was not paying attention and the shop sold me and installed a Dunlop Elite III radial. I didn't have the wobble with the stock worn out dunlop D417. Got the wobble with a new Dunlop D207. The wobble went away with a new Dunlop D417.

My two cents.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tire list

Diamondrpm,
It may be worth your time to post a list of compatible tires for each Victory model. Maybe you will be able to save some people a little bit of cash and you some worry lines because we know you care so much.:ltr:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Its not so much tires that are compatible with Victory bikes as much as it is the Kingpin seems to have a wobble when you mix bias and radial. The rest of the lineup seems fine.

I've only heard of this problem on KP's. And YES, I do care!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts