Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Dunlop 207Z tire on thier kingpin?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read that Metzeler doesn't recommend their tires for the Kingpin because the wheels are too narrow for the tires. KEG says that there is too much wobble with the front tire and you shouldn't mix brands on the bike because of the tire compounds. KEG reccommends Avon Venoms or Cobras.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the Cobra's on for about 4.000 miles then the rear tire started cracking in the thread. So I got a Dunlop 207 and put on the rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tires

I have to say i was wrong about the Metzler. It was fine on the bike but it wore out in 5,000 miles. I now have a Dunlop 207 on rear and a Dunlop Elite three on the front. These are the new replacement for the original Dunlop tires and are made for a cruiser.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It handles and rides good, but it dose not stick in the coners like the Cobra's did.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I use Bridgestone 850 & 851. They are radials and the traction is unbelievable. Keep the rear at 40 lbs the front at 36 lbs. the front tire I got 19,000 miles on it the rear only last 9,000. may be more if I could stay off the throttle. But even at 9,000 miles the feel you get from these tires they are worth it. Also if you order online at American Motorcycle Tire. Both tires delivered to my door cost 231.00

·
Registered
35 Posts
I read that Metzeler doesn't recommend their tires for the Kingpin because the wheels are too narrow for the tires. KEG says that there is too much wobble with the front tire and you shouldn't mix brands on the bike because of the tire compounds. KEG reccommends Avon Venoms or Cobras.
Metzeler Marathon 880 will work on a KP, but make sure it is a 880.

The regular Marathon is extreemly unstable, I know, I tried a set. They have a very soft sidewall and even with the presure up to 50lbs I still had a very bad wobble starting around 60mph and the wobble was still there at 90mph and thats when I shut her down, I almost lost the bike it was so bad. I decided to stay with the stock Dunlops for now.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Metzeler Marathon 880 will work on a KP, but make sure it is a 880.

The regular Marathon is extreemly unstable, I know, I tried a set. They have a very soft sidewall and even with the presure up to 50lbs I still had a very bad wobble starting around 60mph and the wobble was still there at 90mph and thats when I shut her down, I almost lost the bike it was so bad. I decided to stay with the stock Dunlops for now.
Look what the cat drug in!!!!:ltr:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts