Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Kingpin. The previous owner installed a Victory rear trunk, bags, etc. I was emptying the trunk the other day and noticed a warning label stating that the trunk was only for 07 and up models. Can't believe I hadn't noticed that before. Anyone know why that is and what damage/issues the trunk could cause. I haven't had any issues with it, but I don't want to cause any either. Any info would be good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have an 05 Kingpin. The previous owner installed a Victory rear trunk, bags, etc. I was emptying the trunk the other day and noticed a warning label stating that the trunk was only for 07 and up models. Can't believe I hadn't noticed that before. Anyone know why that is and what damage/issues the trunk could cause. I haven't had any issues with it, but I don't want to cause any either. Any info would be good.
I have an 07 Kingpin Tour model that came with the bags and trunk. I have heard the reason for that label is that the older KP's rear suspension was not stiff enough to accommodate that extra weight of loaded trunk when riding 2-up. Also the manual states that gross vehicle weight of the 07 tour as higher than the older models.

As long as you just use the trunk for clothes and light items when riding 2-up and your passenger doesn't weigh
200 lbs I personally wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Since I usually don't put anything too heavy in it and neither my wife nor I are even close to 200 I don't think I'll worry about it. Or maybe I'll pretend I didn't see this and splurge on an upgrade! cheers

·
Registered
586 Posts
Never noticed the warning on my '08 Kingpin Tour trunk. Glad to know I've got the shock for it. Combined 2up weight is near 400 and I load the trunk. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts