Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done and tuned. The fresh 116 makes 9 HP and 14 ft-lbs more than the 110" did. Haven't scanned the graphs yet but final numbers today were 132.41 HP and 144.07 ft-lbs. Torque reached 100 ft-lbs at 2100 rpm. These numbers were from the dyno at SM City Motorsports.

Got to ride the bike afterward. It's fierce. Very impressive roll-on acceleration. The rebuilt transmission shifts flawlessly. The engine runs quiet and smooth.

Needless to say, I am rather pleased... Total cost of freshening up the old workhorse was $3,900. Can't beat that.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
HC,

I greatly enjoy following your performance threads as I always learn more about these bikes. Thank you for sharing your real world experience with the group!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
sounds pretty sweet.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow, those are some pretty serious performance figures. Especially when you consider they are coming from a V-twin without the benefit of liquid cooling. You're going to have to search far and wide to find any other V-twin that runs as good as yours. :grin

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Wow.. Those are sick numbers. There is a guy on here with a 116" 23" front XC. He has the neck mod from Vic baggers with there air filters. I think he was only getting 125/135.

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
GREAT news HC,

Did you do the rebuild yourself ? Any summery of how and what you found inside the engine ?? Share some pictures mate of the bike and/or rebuild ??

AWESOME ....

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wow, those are some pretty serious performance figures. Especially when you consider they are coming from a V-twin without the benefit of liquid cooling. You're going to have to search far and wide to find any other V-twin that runs as good as yours. :grin
The bike that was tuned after mine was a CVO Road Glide that made 135 HP... but only 132 on torque. Our fiend, Mike, has a 134 HP Street Glide too. I see 120-130 HP V-twins all the time. Hell, my buddy's 98 cubic inch Dyna makes 124 HP.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
GREAT news HC,

Did you do the rebuild yourself ? Any summery of how and what you found inside the engine ?? Share some pictures mate of the bike and/or rebuild ??

AWESOME
It's been a long saga. There's a 50 page thread over on the other forum...

Broke a bearing on the main shaft in the trans at like 95,000 miles, that's what started it.

The pistons were pretty scarred up. Apparently it got pretty hot a couple of times.

Replaced all bearings in it and the entire mainshaft in the trans. New cylinder sleeves, pistons, cam chains etc. Freshened up the heads. New fuel pump and filters. Put on a Harley voltage regulator.

My best friend owns a custom bike shop... All the work was done there by he and I. He lets me use whatever I need... and his dyno too.

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Amazing HC ... Would like to read the 50 page and all suggestions / comments , haven't been on "the other " for a while, maybe I can search for it ....

GREAT quality pictures buy the way ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well done and a bargain at that price.
That has got to be the quickest air cooled V twin around.

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
It's on the first page of active topics, "Decision Time".
I'll find it ...

Your bike "looks stock" but it AIN'T

ha ha ha, nice ....

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but looking at the pics your bike looks like a regular kingpin. If a person wasn't paying attention enough to notice the 116 ci cheese wedge they would never know what lies in that beast!!
I love sleepers!

Your bike looks great HC

Reactions: half_crazy

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Isn't it Jesse James that said; he wouldn't build a yellow bike.....?
Too bad for him..... :grin

@2:28 if you can't stand watching the whole thing(like me..)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k9eoOMxF8A&index=3&list=PLW5qT4HIAd1azqNjUZuGxdvivuQ609ugR
Even if I want to push " like " how could i coz that dude says it a zillion times ....

He don't do yellow bike's ?? Pfffffffff what is that ??

HC bike is a GREAT color ... Let's put it this way, if everyone is having a HD then I DON'T

.... Triumph is a world class bike with heritage of 133 years, guess no problem for them building a yellow bike ?? And if Triumph likes yellow that has much more "weight" then this guy

Ha ha ha ha

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

1 - 20 of 81 Posts