6,872 Posts
HC did you ride a few miles already ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
HC did you ride a few miles already?
I did... Playing with numbers, it makes 76% more HP than stock... and 56% more torque than stock. It exceeds the stock peak torque by 2000 rpm and exceeds stock peak HP by 3200 rpm. At 4500 rpm it's making 120/140. Average from 2000 rpm to 6000 rpm is 97 HP / 124 ft-lbs... Average from 2500 rpm to 6000 rpm is 104 HP / 127 ft-lbs. AVERAGE!

Its drivability and manners are excellent. If you're easy on the throttle it's rides like any other well tuned Victory Kingpin. Nothing is in any way worse than stock... no compromises made. Smooth, very little mechanical racket, and shifts great.

Now that I can ride it 'normally' (read: any way I want) it strikes me that the bike accelerates effortlessly. It makes no difference where the tach needle is... makes no difference what gear you're in... any throttle movement accelerates the machine briskly. All it wants to do is GO FASTER. And it's deceiving... it doesn't feel like it's putting on speed in a violent way, it just has so much power that 100 mph comes up in a heartbeat. You never have to run it hard because there's no need to. If you do run it hard, you can only do it for a short burst. If the tach is anywhere near 3000 rpm and you roll into the throttle, **** gets real!

It is not at all traction limited. It hooks to the ground. Even leaned over exiting a corner it just accelerates controllably. The front end is REALLY LIGHT in 1st and probably pretty easy to pull up in 2nd (haven't tried that yet). I already dragged the rear fender on the asphalt not even trying to.

I expect fuel economy to be quite good because it feels really 'happy' and cruises with almost no throttle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Super cool HC, make a LOT of miles / smiles on your 'new" kingpin .... Ride safe and LOVED your post above ... Good one mate .

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I did... Playing with numbers, it makes 76% more HP than stock... and 56% more torque than stock. It exceeds the stock peak torque by 2000 rpm and exceeds stock peak HP by 3200 rpm. At 4500 rpm it's making 120/140. Average from 2000 rpm to 6000 rpm is 97 HP / 124 ft-lbs... Average from 2500 rpm to 6000 rpm is 104 HP / 127 ft-lbs.

Its drivability and manners are excellent. If you're easy on the throttle it's rides like any other well tuned Victory Kingpin. Nothing is in any way worse than stock... no compromises made. Smooth, very little mechanical racket, and shifts great.

Now that I can ride it 'normally' (read: any way I want) it strikes me that the bike accelerates effortlessly. It makes no difference where the tach needle is... makes no difference what gear you're in... any throttle movement accelerates the machine briskly. All it wants to do is GO FASTER. And it's deceiving... it doesn't feel like it's putting on speed in a violent way, it just has so much power that 100 mph comes up in a heartbeat. You never have to run it hard because there's no need to. If you do run it hard, you can only do it for a short burst. If the tach is anywhere near 3000 rpm and you roll into the throttle, **** gets real!

It is not at all traction limited. It hooks to the ground. Even leaned over exiting a corner it just accelerates controllably. The front end is REALLY LIGHT in 1st and probably pretty easy to pull up in 2nd (haven't tried that yet). I already dragged the rear fender on the asphalt not even trying to.

I expect fuel economy to be quite good because it feels really 'happy' and cruises with almost no throttle.

I ain't no psychic... But I predict a new wheelie pic in the near future.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
Yeah drop a few tenths and pick up some MPH no doubt!

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Yeah drop a few tenths and pick up some MPH no doubt!
The calculator says 11.20 at 120 mph with me on it.

The guys are building a new LowRider S and shooting for 150 HP... They were telling me last night about the heads they were using, the 12:1 compression 117" jugs, and the huge .680 lift cams going in it... "We're gonna kick your ass".

I had to remind them that my bike is stock from the cylinders up... stock heads, stock throttle bodies, stock injectors... all that was done is a poke/stroke and little baby .495 lift cams... "If you guys were restricted to the stock throttle body and heads, restricted to 116 cubic inches max, and had to stay below .500 lift with the cams, you'd never get near me".

My engine is SO MILD. Nothing radical about it.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
Yeah and yours is streetable with dependability and longevity against thier cranky hand grenades.

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Yeah and yours is streetable with dependability and longevity against thier cranky hand grenades.
I can't believe they are doing this big motor without having the crank trued/welded/plugged and a Timken bearing conversion. I suspect 12:1 compression and 150 horse is gonna scissor that thing... I wouldn't trust it. It's not a lot of money to beef up the bottom end. Hell, I'd throw in some H-Beam rods too, for good measure. Gotta build on a solid foundation...

·
13,318 Posts
half_crazy

do you know if Victory motors come or have Timken bearings.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I can't believe they are doing this big motor without having the crank trued/welded/plugged and a Timken bearing conversion.
It'll go well right up to the point it doesn't. :wink

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Nice build.

What about the HD regulator? That peaked my interest.
Is that only for the 100" motors or would it work on the 106?
What had to change in order to hook that up?

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
I can't believe they are doing this big motor without having the crank trued/welded/plugged and a Timken bearing conversion. I suspect 12:1 compression and 150 horse is gonna scissor that thing... I wouldn't trust it. It's not a lot of money to beef up the bottom end. Hell, I'd throw in some H-Beam rods too, for good measure. Gotta build on a solid foundation...
Mate!...isn't the Harley Davidson name a solid foundation!...after all it dates all the way back to 1903:nerd

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Nice build.
What about the HD regulator? That piqued my interest.
Is that only for the 100" motors or would it work on the 106?
What had to change in order to hook that up?
I'm tired of buying regulators. This would have been #4. OVERCHARGING at high rpm.

To use the HD part a mount had to be fabricated and the wiring connectors swapped out... but a late model HD 3-wire 38-40 amp will work.

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Vic regulators break down ?? Overcharge ??

This is all new for me ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

41 - 60 of 81 Posts